Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still hard to believe

Comment

He will be greatly missed. I am so blessed to have known him. Prayers for his sweet wife and family.

Comment

What a loss. Great Great guy. Sure was shocked when I got the text this morning. A few others and I were invited to a bow making class next month. Free. Just wanted to share his knowledge with some friends. I was so excited. Man he will be missed.

Comment

Sad news, prayers for the family.

Comment

RIP, Sir. Prayers for the family.

Comment

RIP.....Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers to all, RIP SIR

Comment

Prayers up for family and friends.

Comment

Rip

Comment

This is very sad news, and condolences to Jim Hamm’s family. Jim’s classes and articles got a lot of us selfbowers to start chasing rings on osage staves. Jim did the research, learned his bow making craft and was a great teacher. In addition to his skills building osage selfbows, Jim was also a great Outdoor writer. I have several of his bow making and hunting books. They are all well written, entertaining and include a large dose of Jim’s great sense of humor. Not in any of his books, but here is my memory of Jim’s humor that still makes me laugh after 20 years.

When Jim lived here in North TX before he moved to Goldthwaite, I was able to do some bow building and bow shooting with him. One time Jim and I were cutting some osage trees to make staves and I said “Hey Jim, what do you think about that tree there by the brush pile?” He gave me that Jim Hamm grin and said “You mean that tree by the copperhead apartment building? That tree is not worth disturbing the residents living there to me. But if you want to cut it down, I’ll loan you my high top boots and sit back and watch how high you can jump in them!”

RIP Jim, you will be missed.

Comment

Prayers up..

Comment

Working...
                        X