No announcement yet.

Truck tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have nitto ridge graplers, a slight steep above all terrains but i have over 60k miles on mine and i will get a decent amount more. They are a light tire in the same class as others.

I go drive like a grandpa and rotate regular. I have a 1/2 ton

Comment

I put Cooper Discoverer ST MAXX on my F350 and love Cooper tires. They are a little more aggressive than the AT3 the OP was asking about but up here, you want a more aggressive tire if you spend time in the mountains and out in the country.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoastin View Post
        Any reviews on Cooper Discoverer STT pro on 3/4 diesels?

Had them on my 1 ton. Took them off at 10,000 miles and went back to KO2’s.. way too loud and walked all over the road...

The current set of KO2’s I have on my 1/2 ton are sitting at 90k and I still have 6/32” left. Hands down my favorite tire! Rotate every 10k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
          I hope y’all like Goodyear. I just got word this morning that Goodyear has bought out cooper.

Ah crap.

GoodYear can’t make a round tire to save their life. I lump them in with Carlisle when it comes to junk tires.

I’ll run chinese maypops before I run a GoodYear product.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
            Ah crap.

GoodYear can’t make a round tire to save their life. I lump them in with Carlisle when it comes to junk tires.

I’ll run chinese maypops before I run a GoodYear product.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Goodyear never made a good mud tire. That’s why they wanted us.

Comment

I have had Nitto Terra grapplers, several sets of BF Goodrich mud/AT tires of several styles and now on my 2nd set of Goodyear Duratrac and the Duratracs are easily my favorite tire. Great in mud, not too loud and I am getting 50k out of them.

Comment

Another vote for cooper. I currently have 69,000 miles on mine and will be replacing them soon. I tried the bfg k2o and wore them out at 30k miles and got stuck in wet grass with them.

Comment

i have yoko and they did not wear good at all

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                    Better than BF Goodrich KO2’s?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
                    On heavy vehicle yes. I can't get more then 35k/40k on F250 and 45k on Suburban. On f250 I get little over 50k with Toyo RT, and 65k with Toyo AT II.
                    Just ordered Toyo ATIII for suburban, siped better then the AT II so will see how they do.

Comment

I've had Cooper Zeon LTZ's, Cooper HTP's, Cooper STT Pro's, & Cooper ATP's on various vehicles. Cooper makes great tires.
                      I'm at around 10k on my latest set. They are the Cooper AT3 xlt's and replaced the STT Pro's on my F150. These tires ride smooth and are quiet. They did fantastic on the snow and ice a couple weeks ago.
                      I highly recommend Cooper tires and I get no bonus or kickbacks for doing it.

Originally posted by Gulfcoastin View Post
                      Any reviews on Cooper Discoverer STT pro on 3/4 diesels?
                      Like said above, they are LOUD!
                      I had them on my half ton and for a while they weren't bad at all. They wore down and the more they wore down, the louder they got. I didn't have an issue with them walking the road. They also didn't last me 40k miles. It's a great looking tire and did fantastic off road at the lease. If you're looking for a daily driver, look at the ST Maxx. That's what I'll probably go with next.
                      Last edited by jlinville; 03-01-2021, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jlinville View Post
                        I've had Cooper Zeon LTZ's, Cooper HTP's, Cooper STT Pro's, & Cooper ATP's on various vehicles. Cooper makes great tires.
                        I'm at around 10k on my latest set. They are the Cooper AT3 xlt's and replaced the STT Pro's on my F150. These tires ride smooth and are quiet. They did fantastic on the snow and ice a couple weeks ago.
                        I highly recommend Cooper tires and I get no bonus or kickbacks for doing it.

Like said above, they are LOUD!
                        I had them on my half ton and for a while they weren't bad at all. They wore down and the more they wore down, the louder they got. I didn't have an issue with them walking the road. They also didn't last me 40k miles. It's a great looking tire and did fantastic off road at the lease. If you're looking for a daily driver, look at the ST Maxx. That's what I'll probably go with next.
                        This for sure^^
                        Had the STT Pros on my F250...loud and I could feel every cleat when coming to a stop or taking off on the asphalt...

Comment

Had Cooper's on an Expedition and they were really loud.

Currently have Falken AT3's on a 2500 and 1500. They are great.

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                            Goodyear never made a good mud tire. That’s why they wanted us.
                            The original wrangler MTR was the best tire I’ve ever owned. Too bad they ruined them with that directional tread pattern.

Im thinking about swapping out the duratracs on my ram rebel for the Cooper stt pros because I really liked them on my tj wrangler.

Comment

Originally posted by Anteloper View Post
                              The original wrangler MTR was the best tire I’ve ever owned. Too bad they ruined them with that directional tread pattern.

Im thinking about swapping out the duratracs on my ram rebel for the Cooper stt pros because I really liked them on my tj wrangler.

I’ve had 2 sets of the pros on a half ton gmc. They did me well. I just want to offer a disclosure. I don’t receive any kickbacks for recommending tires. I’m just a union production employee for Cooper. I see how they are made every day and have a lot of trust in the safety of the products.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudman13 View Post
                                The coopers are good budget friendly tires but nittos or Toyos are going to be the best all around tires if you are willing to spend the extra money. I work at discount tire.

I will say that the Nitto MT's didn't perform near as well as the Cooper MT's on my 250. I always get 60K-65K on my Coopers and barely got 52K on the Nitto's. Coopers also out performed them working in the snow and ice in North Dakota as well as in the mud in South Texas. Plus the Nitto's were loud on the highway. From someone who at the time put about 45K miles a year on a vehicle I will never buy another Nitto product again. I tried them twice and went back to proven performance of Coopers.

Comment

Working...
                                X