Too worried about the video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too worried about the video

I missed this stud Friday morning because I was too worried about getting the shot in video and alerted them when I bumped my Krivo blind. https://vimeo.com/147240859

After 8 days of hunting, everything finally worked out, except for the shot.

Comment

If your going to video it's going to happen. I can't tell you how many times the camera has cost me the shot or caused me to make a bad shot. This is why I basically only film my hog hunts because it's much tougher to self film deer then hogs at my setups.

Sorry about your bad luck and I hope you get him.

Comment

Dang! Oh well, next time!

Comment

Been there - I always have to ask myself before I head to the stand, "Do I primarily want to hunt today or do I primarily want to film today?"

Comment

I've passed and lost opportunity because i wanted to film. my only suggestion is to pan out when it's show time . . . give the deer space to move around and be in frame. If you watch my last video you can see right when it's time to shoot that I put the camera zoomed out to where the primary shot window was going to be. That said there was another shot lane not covered by the camera and I'd told myself that if he presented a shot in it I wasn't going to worry about video.

Happened to work out for me but you can see in the video that i pan out and put the frame in the window then wait for the deer, where he was in the minutes before he comes back into frame there was not shot.

187 2/8 deer I shot in Cotulla area. Massive horned old deer.

skip to 7:40

Comment

been there, done that, and kicked myself for it! but, hey, it's part of the fun and challenge

Comment

i've alerted at least two deer this year getting the camera turned on

Comment

Working...
                X