My brother's in New Zealand Stag hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother's in New Zealand Stag hunting

Just got an email from Jerry Wascom in NZ. My brother shot a stag. Said it was a good one. I'm waiting on the story and pics.

thats awesome, can't wait to here how things are goin for him. That would be a dream hunt. Is he hunting tahr and chamois as well or just stag?

Comment

Just stag. He's about like me on the Tahr and chamois. No interest. He's going to be there for another week. Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't try for a fallow if they're reasonable.

Comment

Bring it, I can't wait to hear the story.

Comment

Wow!!! Is he bowhunting Doc? Definitely on the list of hunts........soon!

Comment

Congrats to him. I'm jealous. HuntForHorns and I were trying to get a specific NZ stag hunt purchased at a couple of auctions and it didn't work out. I am seriously very jealous. Do you happen to know what outfitter he is hunting with?

Comment

Oscar, he's bowhunting. That's all we do unless it's pig eradication or coon population control. LOL

He was able to go on the hunt as a gift from Jerry. Bobby does a lot of stuff for them on the Junco bsides guiding and filling feeders. It was kind of an appreciation hunt, I believe. All I know right now is that Jerry said it was a good one. Probably under 400 inches though because Jerry's only paying up to a point. LOL

I don't know any of the specifics of the hunt as to who or where other than NZ. I'll get the poop when he gets home.

Comment

That e-mail was such a tease... They should know better than to say, "Brother flung an arrow, it hit its mark, and its a good one!!!"

Pics are needed, without pics its just a story!!! LOL

Comment

Gosh.....he is living one of my dream hunts!

Comment

Lucky Duck

Waiting for some pics

Comment

One of these days!!?? For sure on my bucket list!
                      Good luck to him and looking forward to the rest of the story!

Comment

THATA A DREAM HUNT!! On my list also!! CONGRATS TO YOUR BROTHER

Comment

lets see those pics doc

Comment

Got another email. They don't have time for a story because they are rescoring the possible new no. 2 archery stag. I KNOW it's not my brothers. He's not spending that kind of money. Maybe Jerry's? I guess we'll wait and see. It should be getting dark there now?

Comment

Congrats to your brother. This is a hunt I have to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X