Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaris Ranger roof

Guys,
    Do any of you know a place around Houston that will make a metal top for my Ranger? I've searched the old threads, but didn't find much. The only places I found want $1200-$1500 for a metal roof. That just seems crazy to me. Are they really that expensive? Thanks

pm sent

Comment

I work in pipeline construction, many inspectors have UTVs. I actually watched an inspector design and construct His own roof for his Honda Pioneer 1000 (I think that's what it was). He made it out of plywood and used U-CLAMPS to fasten it in. Painted it black, and even had a accessories added, light bar, cargo light etc. He did this all while being on a right of way with limited equipment. So, maybe you can get creative like he did!

Comment

what kind of metal do you want you can probably use maybe 1/8 steel and get it at a decent price but aluminum will run you pricey but it will be lighter and just as strong as steel

Comment

Don’t buy something cheap and have to listen to ridiculous rattle & squeeking so loud it can be heard a block away! My best buddy went down that road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Avoid the stuff they sell at the dealerships. If you want it done right, use this guy: http://texashuntingsys.com. He is probably more expensive than what your looking for, but you’ll get a top of the line roof. Buy once, cry once.

Comment

Originally posted by Jdavis9753 View Post
              Don’t buy something cheap and have to listen to ridiculous rattle & squeeking so loud it can be heard a block away! My best buddy went down that road

Listen to this guy!

Comment

I've got 35 bucks and about 2 cases of beer in mine (minus the electronics). Aluminum sheets with stains or bent edges can be had cheap

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I had mine made out of aluminum and very happy with it.
                  Small metal shop in Keller

Comment

Check out the perry company in Waco. They did my roof for my can am and I am super pleased with it.

Comment

I have one from Whomoto.com. Owner is really nice and stands behind his products. Called him and asked questions before and he answers his cell all the time. Product is top notch and not a squeak or rattle one. Radio/speakers and lights are all pre wired to a fuse panel on the roof which makes hookup a breeze. Give him a call

They have just pain roofs too if you want to go that route.

Comment

I had Big Country Outdoors build mine. It's designed such that I can fold the back half forward to provide clear head space above the bed. This is a Honda Pioneer 1000-5, but these guys specialize in Ranger accessories. Mine is made of aluminum and I can walk around on it.

I'd highly recommend them. The aluminum is pricey, but I'd do it again if I got another UTV. They do have steel tops for Rangers too. Contact them at www.bigcountryoutdoors.com When you do, talk to Sean.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pioneer-1000-002.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	24534613

Name:	Pioneer-1000-004.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	24534614

Name:	Pioneer-1000-006.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	24534615

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          I had Big Country Outdoors build mine. It's designed such that I can fold the back half forward to provide clear head space above the bed. This is a Honda Pioneer 1000-5, but these guys specialize in Ranger accessories. Mine is made of aluminum and I can walk around on it.

I'd highly recommend them. The aluminum is pricey, but I'd do it again if I got another UTV. They do have steel tops for Rangers too. Contact them at www.bigcountryoutdoors.com When you do, talk to Sean.

[ATTACH]901394[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]901395[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]901396[/ATTACH]

That link doesn’t work

Comment

That's sharp SWS!!! I'm considering selling my ranger and getting a Pioneer 1000. Momma wants something that will hold us all but she might ride in it 2x a year! It's either that or Mule Pro FX but I think the honda would fit on the trailer with the 4 wheeler loaded up too where the Mule wouldn't.

Comment

Sorry about the link.
                              YOUR OWN PATH SHOP PRODUCTS WELCOME TO BIG COUNTRY OUTDOORS As evidenced by our company’s name, Big Country Outdoors provides hunters and outdoorsman with all of the equipment they need, including hunting ATV and UTV accessories. From hunting high seats to roofs designed with hunter’s needs in mind, we have everything you need to make…

Comment

Working...
                              X