.308 rnds for pigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.308 rnds for pigs

Hoping to sight in the M-308 on my DMPS oracle this week. What rnds are you guys using for Pigs?

I imagine any round will do the trick... I'd worry about finding one that the gun likes.

Comment

150Gr SP's

Comment

Fusion or any bonded round works well also. I’ve killed many a deer with the 150 hornady soft points.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
          I imagine any round will do the trick... I'd worry about finding one that the gun likes.
          Agree with this. I've used expensive GMX and TSX, and good old soft points and HPBT match bullets drop them just the same. I've ended up going with Federal Sierra Gold HPBT because they're the most accurate thing my gun shoots.

Comment

If your shooting DPMS Oracle with a 16" barrel they are optimized for 165-175 gr bullets. Mine shoots a half inch group at 100 yrds with Federal Gold 168 gr HPBT.

This is straight from DPMS
            308/7.62 1x10 twist 168-175gr (match grade) 168gr match seeming to be the best overall
            Last edited by dbaio1; 03-19-2018, 12:28 PM.

Comment

I've been using Barnes TSX 168 grain and they are awesome in my opinion. Might get
              pricey if your burning through 30 round magazines though.

Comment

Ear hole is the key hole.

Comment

Originally posted by NTex View Post
                  Ear hole is the key hole.
                  This. I use 168gr Bergers

Comment

I use 150 sp in my DPMS. Mostly Winchester but other brands have worked well also

Comment

Federal Prem. Trophy bonded tips in 165. Good looking bonded with a polymer tip and boat tail design. I'm going to try some in my 300wsm this summer.

Comment

Hornady 165 BTSP does the trick for me. If you reload, you have a lot of options. If not, find the bullet that works for you and stick with it.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                          If your shooting DPMS Oracle with a 16" barrel they are optimized for 165-175 gr bullets. Mine shoots a half inch group at 100 yrds with Federal Gold 168 gr HPBT.

This is straight from DPMS
                          308/7.62 1x10 twist 168-175gr (match grade) 168gr match seeming to be the best overall
                          Yes I am. I was looking at the federal gold medal match 168Gr. Ive never shot an animal with anything other than cor-lokt and I'm losing faith in them on pigs. So HPBT is a good hunting rnd?

Comment

Originally posted by TEX_hunt_AS View Post
                            I've been using Barnes TSX 168 grain and they are awesome in my opinion. Might get
                            pricey if your burning through 30 round magazines though.
                            This

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
                              Hoping to sight in the M-308 on my DMPS oracle this week. What rnds are you guys using for Pigs?
                              Cheapest ones I can find.

Comment

Working...
                              X