No announcement yet.

Tony Romo golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard Romo broke his collar bone while he was putting into the wrong hole.

Comment

Tony Romo + golf= broke hip and torn rotator cuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If these young guys had done their homework, they’d know this happens and why.

Comment

I’m surprised that there hasn’t been another big time professional golf tour with all of the young talent that can’t break into the big tours.

Comment

Originally posted by TWOHunter View Post
            I’m surprised that there hasn’t been another big time professional golf tour with all of the young talent that can’t break into the big tours.
            Happened in bass fishing. Good idea. Bet there's money in the one who gets it rolling.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
              Sorry, you’re wrong... total passing yards he is 29th and 4th quarter comebacks he’s 15th. That’s from Dallascowboys.com.

May want to double check where you’re getting your data
              You pick really dumb stats to try to make your stupid point...

Comment

I agree it's not fair to the kids trying hard to golf for a living. On the other hand, Romo's name is going to bring a corporate sponsor or more tickets sold or something to help keep these tournaments going to provide that opportunity to the young golfers.

Best of luck to your son. If he is playing in Houston anytime let me know. I'll go watch.

Comment

Tony has shot much better than those round in previous US Open Qualifiers, he may not be a pro level golfer but he probably could have been if had focused on it instead of football.

Anyone remember Hale Irwin? You never know what can happen in your 40s or 50s.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    You pick really dumb stats to try to make your stupid point...
                    The other gentleman picked the 4th quarter stat, I didn’t. I just pointed out the mere fact that Romo was ranked 15th in that category. I also didn’t realize Super Bowl wins was a stupid stat. I thought that was the goal of all NFL players.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                      The other gentleman picked the 4th quarter stat, I didn’t. I just pointed out the mere fact that Romo was ranked 15th in that category. I also didn’t realize Super Bowl wins was a stupid stat. I thought that was the goal of all NFL players.

No, he picked fourth-quarter QBR, which is much more indicative of the quarterback's performance than fourth-quarter comeback's. It takes a whole roster to win Super Bowl's, Jerry put trash around Romo for the majority of his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TWOHunter View Post

There isn't any money in it and in turn, no one looking to fund/sponsor it. There are a handful of mini-tours out there currently that offer "decent" purses but it isn't even comparable. Like $5-10k to 1st place at best with $400+ entry fees.

Even the PGA Tour doesn't want to fund the development as the Web.com Tour is a prime example. The PGA Tour is a massive business and worth hundreds of millions of dollars and yet the players on the Web.com play for peanuts each week as opposed to the PGA Tour. The Tour could easily make the purses bigger if they wanted to but they don't want players making a living being on the Web.com. It's an all or nothing situation.

It's "easy" to stay in the top 150 on the PGA Tour once you make it there however getting there has been made relatively impossible over the last 5-10 years.

You've gotta either Monday and make some serious coin during that tournament or qualify and complete a season on the Web.com while traveling from po'dunk town to po'dunk town while playing for relative peanuts in comparison. Even after finishing on in the top 50 on the Web.com, many of those players are lucky to get 10 starts the next season on the PGA Tour. Keep in mind that you're paying for all of your travel expenses as well as for a caddy each week. Hell, you're lucky to break even at the end of a good week!

Unfortunately there are just too many good players these days. Your best bet, unless you're a A-list young golfer, who is getting their maximum allotted exemptions and actually taking advantage of them, is to go play in China, Europe, South Africa or South America but very few can afford to do that.

Hell I experienced the struggles first hand and I was merely a caddy. I have some very close friends who you watch on NBC/CBS every Sunday but I also have some close friends who are equally as talented and yet had to quit trying and get "a real job".

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          No, he picked fourth-quarter QBR, which is much more indicative of the quarterback's performance than fourth-quarter comeback's.
                          This, and after checking Romo is first in 4th quarter career qbr.

Comment

Tony is on 18 and he’s at +5 for the day for his PHA debut

Comment

It's not the 4th Q yet.

Comment

Unless he gets pummeled at every green by a 400lb caddy.. he'd better rock star the **** outta golf or his whole football excuse book is worthless...

Comment

Working...
                                X