• Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
        I'm going to pass on the crapper next to my pillow .... Other than that, looks good
        indeed

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
          indeed
          x2^^^

Comment

Here is one that we built in Menard awhile back. It had 4 separate rooms that were 10x10. Each room had full size bunk beds. We didn't insulate the walls, other than hanging 1/2" plywood on them. We stayed plenty warm during the winter and cool in the summer.

Last edited by Triple 7; 10-19-2015, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Great idea.

Comment

How do you do the interior framing as in attaching the 2x's to steel walls. Does anyone have anymore pics?

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                  How do you do the interior framing as in attaching the 2x's to steel walls. Does anyone have anymore pics?
                  I've seen someone use "hat channel" or furring channel that is welded to the walls where one can screw drywall/paneling to the channel.

Comment

we just used a nail gun

Comment

Shipping Container Build, I hope!

Didn't attach to steel. Toe boards are screwed to floor and ceiling joist hold top of wall framing out against the steel at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        Didn't attach to steel. Toe boards are screwed to floor and ceiling joist hold top of wall framing out against the steel at the top.

This is kind of what I had in my head...looks like it works. What insulation did you go with bboswell?

Comment

This is kind of what I had in my head...looks like it works. What insulation did you go with bboswell?

R-13 walls

R-19 ceiling

Amazing how cool it stays inside even even on hot Sept West Texas days

Comment

Here is the one I built for a friend out in terlingua

Comment

This.

Comment

Desert Dug, do you have anymore pics? I have never seen one finished out quite like that. Way above my skill level.

Comment

Working...
                                X