Squirrel hunting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squirrel hunting!

I took the kids on little walk through the woods this evening. I only got a couple of shots at my intended target...squirrels. My first shot was SOOOOO close! Man small game bowhunting is fun. I educated a squirrel then decided to do some "stumpin". The kids had a blast trying to find my arrows. They really listened well and stayed behind me while I shot. They also showed good ability to see the leaves and dirt spots I was shooting at. All in all, it was a great evening and I think I found yet another activity to do with my girls. They just shot their new bow for the first time last night and are already talking about going "rabbit hunting" and "deer hunting" with Dad. Warms the heart. My only regret is I didn't get any pictures. I will try not to make that mistake next time.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Keep those kids involved and all of you will have a ball.

Comment

I've been tryin to kill a couple of my resident cat squirrels. Those rascals are fast....

Comment

girls with bow no better sight : help is on the way

Comment

I think theres a squirrel season better check it out

Comment

Ya know I cant think of anything better than squirrel dumplings! Havent had any in such a long time<since I left E Tex> and these here blck grackles prolly aint the same as some good squirrel

Comment

Funny you mention black grackles. My kids will be wrapped up in a show or one of their games when all of a sudden they run in yelling, "DADDY, DADDY, THOSE BLACK BIRDS ARE BACK IN THE YARD AGAIN!!!!". They are so funny, they never stop making me laugh. I don't want them to grow up BUT I can't wait till they can tag along on a few more of my adventures. They definately add a whole new element.

Comment

Working...
              X