This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    Walk on QB with Ivy League offers (smart) and a UT legacy. Not a difference maker but always a good addition to the team.
    Not to mention the kid is absolutely fired up at a chance to walk on and live out a lifelong dream. TH is pretty savvy with picks for the walk on program.

Comment

Don't underestimate the value of the walk-ons. There is a kid at Texas that was (graduates this Spring) a walk-on. My two boys went to high school with him and he is a great kid. He didn't even play high school football but made it as a walk-on running back. Two Spring games ago he was the ONLY healthy running back and had to carry the ball for both Orange and White. According to his bio, he only played in one game. Do you think maybe his teammates think he made a difference? Without fail, every home game I saw him on the sideline getting the team fired up. His teammates responded.

Comment

Hmmmm.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Walk on QB with Ivy League offers (smart) and a UT legacy. Not a difference maker but always a good addition to the team.
          Always like seeing the legacy kids make it. Hopefully he earns his spot.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
            Boss man I normally agree with you as you bring a level head to the table but this time I felt the need to comment. First off I am not condoning personal insults, but this continuous child like behavior of a select few on both sides gets extremely old and they are just begging to illicit a response from folks. Unfortunately there are some people who I am sure are like me and enjoy the insight of different fan bases and their take on college football.I would venture to say that some of those folks could add very valuable input to the discussion but choose not to based on the constant ridicule of the select few aforementioned. As I said in another CFB thread, I am still drawn to it like a moth to a flame, but man it gets old.

I feel ya, but there wouldn’t be many folks left to post if we infract/ban everybody that “trolls” or posts something “childish” (about another team or fan base (myself included). Typically it’s good natured ribbing, but where do you draw the line when it escalates? If someone truly get personally offended by such banter, they probably ought to take a step back and evaluate how seriously they take this stuff. Again, we try to steer the discussion away from “smack” and delete A LOT of posts that are intentionally antagonistic, but it would be way too cumbersome to delete them all. We’d be better off going back to a complete moratorium on CFB discussion. Those that can’t handle it probably shouldn’t participate (and many don’t). Those that cross the line and make it personal will eventually be sent moose hunting. . There are several that skirt the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

some good news, UF moved up to 10th thus far with their recruiting class.

the bad news, thats good for 5th in the SEC!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                I feel ya, but there wouldn’t be many folks left to post if we infract/ban everybody that “trolls” or posts something “childish” (about another team or fan base (myself included). Typically it’s good natured ribbing, but where do you draw the line when it escalates? If someone truly get personally offended by such banter, they probably ought to take a step back and evaluate how seriously they take this stuff. Again, we try to steer the discussion away from “smack” and delete A LOT of posts that are intentionally antagonistic, but it would be way too cumbersome to delete them all. We’d be better off going back to a complete moratorium on CFB discussion. Those that can’t handle it probably shouldn’t participate (and many don’t). Those that cross the line and make it personal will eventually be sent moose hunting. . There are several that skirt the line.

Maybe there should be a vote each week to ban one longhorn and one aggie for that week. Maybe add a wildcard also. That would be fun.

Comment

Blah........SWT got a new coach...we gonna win, starting with next seasons opener!!

Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
                    Blah........SWT got a new coach...we gonna win, starting with next seasons opener!!

Shades of App. St. vs. Michigan.

Eat 'Em Up Cats!!!!

>E

Comment

No doubt it’s not an easy or fun part of your “job”. Like I said, I’m still here lurking almost daily! Lol. Thanks for all you do.

Comment

I understand the notion to allow the kids some freedom and flexibility to transferring since they allow coaches to move freely; however, the last thing these kids need is more flexibility and freedom.

What the portal is going to do is create a market for backups to get recruited or encouraged to go into the portal. This will create a free agent market, allow kids to take recruiting trips all over again. Coaches from other schools will contact players (through back channels) guys who are sitting 2nd, 3rd on the depth chart at other schools. It will get dirtier than it already is. Roster management will be thrown out the window and the college game will start to look like the NFL.
                        Agreed! But I have a question, lets take Rising for example, under-grad transferring to Utah. Does he still have to sit out a year like the old system?
                        Last edited by Birddog66; 01-18-2019, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                          Agreed! But I have a question, lets take Rising for example, under-grad transferring to Utah. Does he still have to sit out a year like the old system?
                          Yes, he will sit out 2019 and have 3 years of eligibility left

Comment

He could request a hardship if someone made fun of him for being fat James Franco and the NCAA would probably reward him.

Comment

Originally posted by klooney View Post
                              Yes, he will sit out 2019 and have 3 years of eligibility left
                              Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                                No doubt it’s not an easy or fun part of your “job”. Like I said, I’m still here lurking almost daily! Lol. Thanks for all you do.
                                It’s because we keep you entertained.

Comment

Working...
                                X