No announcement yet.

Old Mexico 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday Morning I had two does in the road at first light. Then a 2 year old 8 showed up and ran them off. Then a slightly bigger 8 showed up and whooped his butt for 1-2 minutes.
    About 10 minutes later, big boy stuck his head and shoulders out and looked around. Then he ran all 4 of the other deer off and stood still just long enough for the shot. He was seen 1.5 miles away 3 days previous but no shot offered.
    To answer the question, I think the older deer are interested around our area but not in full rut mode yet. Younger deer are sniffing and pushing a little. Very few deer staying at the corn more than a minute or two at a time. I guess because it’s so green still.

Comment

nice buck, congrats.

Comment

I dropped him off this afternoon with 12 point taxidermy in Anahuac. Gonna have him mounted in Mexico. I’m not very good at camping out the face etc. I’ve heard nothing but good about them and they were very professional on the phone.

Comment

Caping

Comment

Dcoon, what area is your ranch?

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCoon12 View Post
              Saturday Morning I had two does in the road at first light. Then a 2 year old 8 showed up and ran them off. Then a slightly bigger 8 showed up and whooped his butt for 1-2 minutes.
              About 10 minutes later, big boy stuck his head and shoulders out and looked around. Then he ran all 4 of the other deer off and stood still just long enough for the shot. He was seen 1.5 miles away 3 days previous but no shot offered.
              To answer the question, I think the older deer are interested around our area but not in full rut mode yet. Younger deer are sniffing and pushing a little. Very few deer staying at the corn more than a minute or two at a time. I guess because it’s so green still.
              Congrats. Stud! I think I remember that buck from last year. We had a few pics of him in the northwest corner. He was a 10pt last year if it’s the same buck. Where did you get him at? Anyone seen the 12pt yet? Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn_cop View Post
                Dcoon, what area is your ranch?
                About 4 miles from Villa union

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                  Congrats. Stud! I think I remember that buck from last year. We had a few pics of him in the northwest corner. He was a 10pt last year if it’s the same buck. Where did you get him at? Anyone seen the 12pt yet? Good luck.
                  Thanks! I shot him at the stand by the pond. We had him on camera at 4 different stands. He liked to move! No sightings of the 12 face to face. We have pictures of him at 2 different stands. There’s a big clean 10 that we haven’t seen and a big 10 with a kicker off his left G2 as well. There just starting to move during daylight so hopefully someone else scores!

Comment

Congrats Dcoon on a nice buck !!!

Comment

Awesome deer. I like the double eagle outfitters hat to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks y’all! Yeh I wore that for Humberto lol

Comment

Thanks! I shot him at the stand by the pond. We had him on camera at 4 different stands. He liked to move! No sightings of the 12 face to face. We have pictures of him at 2 different stands. There’s a big clean 10 that we haven’t seen and a big 10 with a kicker off his left G2 as well. There just starting to move during daylight so hopefully someone else scores!
                          That was my stand. The 12 will be there soon. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                            That was my stand. The 12 will be there soon. Good luck.
                            Thanks. Same to you!

Comment

BBD Saturday morning. Can’t get pics to load

Are you hunting with Butch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We lease from Butch. I think they hunt real close to us. Butch helped us through all of the first time logistics of hunting in Mex.

Comment

Working...
                                X