Dji phantom 4 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dji phantom 4 ?

So does anyone here run this quadcopter and how do you like it? Is it worth the $, and what uses have you found for it? I am pondering on buying one of these but just want some real people info on this drone any help is appreciated. What is the average life span of the motors on the drone with it not being abused?

Thanks, and GODBLESS!

I know you are asking about the 4, I have the Phantom 3. I can't speak to the bells and whistles on the 4, but I will say that the 3 does everything I want it to do. I use it for work after we have heavy rain events, as well as to fly, record, and keep track of the condition of our county buildings.

For personal use, I have flown it over my property, mainly for the same thing. In case of a storm, I have the "before" images and video of my property. I shot a doe last year, found her, then flew my drone overhead to see how well she would stick out from an aerial point of view. She only ran about 40 yards, but there was no way you could mistake her laying on the ground with anything else other than a deer.

While I'm on that subject, note that you can't use any kind of aircraft to hunt with (game animals), but as far as recovery, this works great.

I have only had mine for about 9 months, I can't speak to the lifespan of the motors. I would say the motors will last as long as how you treat them. Don't try to do tricks with these kind of drones, keep it slow and easy and it will be good to you. Be sure to get at least an extra battery - you can get about 20 minutes of flight time per a full charge.
    Last edited by Hamshire; 02-16-2017, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Thanks hamshire I appreciate it so it sounds like you don't regret buying it at all which is what I was wondering or if it just felt like dead money wasted I have heard you can make good amount of change doing different events pics, videos,etc thanks for the info so next question is would you ever buy another drone if yours was to give up for some reason?

Comment

I have one, and do use it for fun and business purposes. I like it fine. The 4k quality is great the stills are good too. It is super easy to fly. Flight time is between 20-25 minutes. Amazing range if you have no obstructions between you and the bird. It comes down to how often you will use it. I had mine out yesterday for the first time in three weeks. Just practice.

Here are a few clips I have shot with the P4...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6ONn0RAlqQ&t=5s"]USS Lexington Fly by - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7pFMAydLpY"]USS Lexington overhead view - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I have been kicking around the idea of a Phantom 3 for personal use. My son is 9 and like drones. We live by a large sports complex so we could fly it over there with hardly any obstructions...
          Just need "The Boss" to allow me to spend the $$ for it.
          Great videos posted up...Thx !!

Comment

I picked up a Mavic over Christmas and this thing is incredible! Never had flown another drone before and was able to pickup fairly easily. Love the fact it is very compact also. Can go up to speeds of 60mph but I keep it out of sport mode until I get many hours of flight time under my belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mconner View Post
              Thanks hamshire I appreciate it so it sounds like you don't regret buying it at all which is what I was wondering or if it just felt like dead money wasted I have heard you can make good amount of change doing different events pics, videos,etc thanks for the info so next question is would you ever buy another drone if yours was to give up for some reason?

My personal DJI - if it were to die on me, the likelihood of me buying one very soon after would be slim. I fly that one for fun and use it for scouting in the pre-season. If the prices dropped a couple of hundred bucks, I would be tempted to buy one soon after, otherwise no.

My work drone - we would definitely buy a replacement.

Comment

I ran a 3 professional this summer. It was a pretty sweet rig, and did what I needed. (aerial ndvi images) that being said the mavic looks pretty impressive especially for the price

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm looking at getting the Phantom 3 Advanced here soon. Been doing a lot of research, and I'm going to try and do a little aerial scouting w it. From what I can tell the Phantom 4 has a 4 K camera, and the sensors are a little bit better on the bottem of the drone. Unless your needing 4K, you could save some money. Go to U-Tube, they have several videos on the different models, as well as comparisons of the two. Looking forward to hearing what others have to say. I think if more of the guys on here looked at some of the footage from a scouting stand point, they would be buying one as well.

Comment

I got a new drone for xmas and learning how to fly it and record with it. lots of fun....

Comment

I have the 4 Pro and it is every bit worth it. The camera is phenomenal and is why I opted for the Pro over the straight 4.
                      FWIW I also have a 3 Pro and a Mavic and they're good, but the rate of improvement is staggering.

Comment

how are y'all embedding these vids?

link
                        Last edited by meltingfeather; 02-16-2017, 07:22 PM.

Comment

I just copy and paste from my YouTube channel

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                            how are y'all embedding these vids?

link
                            Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                              I have the 4 Pro and it is every bit worth it. The camera is phenomenal and is why I opted for the Pro over the straight 4.
                              FWIW I also have a 3 Pro and a Mavic and they're good, but the rate of improvement is staggering.
                              . So you like the 4 Pro better than the Magic?

So

Comment

Working...
                              X