Venison Heart Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venison Heart Recipes

Anyone got a good one? Tried heart last year for the first time that was sautéed in butter with onions and mushrooms and it was good. Let’s hear your recipes for heart.

Marinade it like fajitas... lime/orange/pineapple juice and seasoning... cook it high and quick... put it on a taco with onion and cilantro.... thank me later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Season with salt and pepper and a little lawry's. Batter. Then fry it. Thats my go to.

Comment

Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
          Gross!
          What's not to like?

Comment

Clean off ALL fat and silver skin..

Heat up onions/garlic in cast iron skillet, lightly dust slices in flour, easy fry in skillet to med/med rare, eat while hot.

Wife loves it, as shown.

Comment

Clean, cut up, flower and fry... I'm not a huge fan.

Comment

Comment

Remove as much 'silverskin' and fat as possible from the exterior of the heart. Cut into the chambers and clean the heart of all fascia and connective tissue. Cut into 1-3 cook-able sized pieces and (optional) lightly pound the heart into even pieces. Season with olive oil, salt and pepper before cooking in a hot cast iron skillet for 1-2 minutes per side in butter/olive oil. Cook to a medium-rare level for best flavor and texture. In another pan, season and sauté the sliced onions, bell pepper and garlic. Brown the corn cut off the cob followed by jalapenos (seeds optional) in a third pan. Put into a warmed corn tortilla topped with queso fresco, chopped cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VbsiGr66kX0"]How to Cook Deer Heart | Whitetail Deer Heart Tacos - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Slice into 1/4” pieces, remove valves, season, batter, & fry.

I usually eat them for breakfast. One of my favorite meals!

Comment

Heart taco sounds delish

Comment

Substitute it for backstrap. You're welcome.

Comment

Score. Great recipes.

Thanks for asking TB80.

Comment

I love to fry the heart. But the tacos sound amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                              Remove as much 'silverskin' and fat as possible from the exterior of the heart. Cut into the chambers and clean the heart of all fascia and connective tissue. Cut into 1-3 cook-able sized pieces and (optional) lightly pound the heart into even pieces. Season with olive oil, salt and pepper before cooking in a hot cast iron skillet for 1-2 minutes per side in butter/olive oil. Cook to a medium-rare level for best flavor and texture. In another pan, season and sauté the sliced onions, bell pepper and garlic. Brown the corn cut off the cob followed by jalapenos (seeds optional) in a third pan. Put into a warmed corn tortilla topped with queso fresco, chopped cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.

How to Cook Deer Heart | Whitetail Deer Heart Tacos - YouTube
                              This... also from field to plate has a ton of heart recipies.

I typically keep it simple. Cut heart into bite size pieces, get cast iron pan hot with a little olive oil, season with Cajun seasoning or whatever you want then sear for a couple minutes on both sides and make tacos

Comment

Working...
                              X