American Airlines: DO NOT USE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Airlines: DO NOT USE

My goodness. Please, if you fly, dont ever use American. My goodness. Story to come when I have an extra 10 minutes to write it up. Lost a day of vacation because of them.

Have had the same experience with them, last time I used them is I had a bunch of miles to use up. That will be the last time I use them.

Comment

Minimal sample size, admittedly, but I have never had a good experience flying AA

Comment

My wife, her wheelchair bound father, and her mother were told to wait for Tuesday (3 days) for the next flight home after American cancelled a flight. Didn't offer any excuses, rooming, or anything else. Just hang out in the airport for a few days! Never again.

Comment

Agreed don't use them at all cost.

Comment

Unfortunately flying out of DFW we have limited carrier/connection offerings. I used to travel all the time for work, and luckily now is for vacation.

Not trying to defend them, but if you travel allot you get used to the disruptions, cancellations, re-routings, luggage, waiting, etc due to the number of trips you take. Wife goes off the deep end when a disruption happens because she only flies once every couple of years. I just shrug it off and try and get the next flight or other arrangements made.

Comment

Originally posted by ACbob View Post
              My wife, her wheelchair bound father, and her mother were told to wait for Tuesday (3 days) for the next flight home after American cancelled a flight. Didn't offer any excuses, rooming, or anything else. Just hang out in the airport for a few days! Never again.
              TWICE, I have experienced a similar scenario. Coincidentally, both times were in Atlanta. Spent the night in the terminal both times. Luckily, it was only until the next day.

Comment

In for the story. They all suck to some extent or another.

Comment

All airlines suck lol

Comment

I've had issues with all major domestic airlines. If you are flying domestically out of an international airport, you always lose right of way to the international flights. Just the way it is with all carriers.

In for the story!

Comment

I really dislike Delta, United, and American. I don't fly anymore unless I absolutely have to, but when I was averaging 2000 miles per week my favorite was Southwest.

Comment

Without the story I’ve been there and lost a day of PTO to United in an international flight snafu. I think it happens on every carrier bruh

Comment

Good friend of ours lost 2 days of a 10 day European vacation last month because of AA.

Comment

I was embarrassed to be on their airlines when I flew with them to China the first time. They treated people like absolute crap for a 14+ hr flight. Wasn't just the crew cause it was the same way heading back! Flew United after that.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                              Without the story I’ve been there and lost a day of PTO to United in an international flight snafu. I think it happens on every carrier bruh
                              Yeah. United tried to screw me big time once. Luckily it affected everyone on that flight, so they back stepped and tried to reconcile. Did they offer a discounted flight? A rental car to get me to my destination? A heart felt apology? Nope. A 7 dollar gift card is what I got for my troubles.

Comment

Working...
                              X