Satellite for RV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
    Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I don’t get phone service in the canyon where I camp.
    That sucks.

My suggestion won't work for you then but will post for others if they are looking. I have a Roku connected to the TV and set my phone up as the hotspot. Same service on the road or lease as I have at home with YouTube TV, Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu and Netflix. Alot of campgrounds have free WiFi so works great at those
    Last edited by BigL; 02-15-2020, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      Dish makes this easy. We have Dish at home and have Dish Wally receivers both at camp connected to a fixed dish and in the Motorhome that either connects to a Winegaurd automatic in motion dish or to a Tailgater of trees block the Winegaurd. I think we pay $7 per month for each receiver.
      This is what we do

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        Dish makes this easy. We have Dish at home and have Dish Wally receivers both at camp connected to a fixed dish and in the Motorhome that either connects to a Winegaurd automatic in motion dish or to a Tailgater of trees block the Winegaurd. I think we pay $7 per month for each receiver.
        I do the same.

I was hoping that one of the antenna systems could be picked up by the satellite dish. Didn’t think so but I could manage without Direct TV if it were not for the 2-3 months of the year when I am sometimes without antenna signal.

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
          I do the same.

I was hoping that one of the antenna systems could be picked up by the satellite dish. Didn’t think so but I could manage without Direct TV if it were not for the 2-3 months of the year when I am sometimes without antenna signal.

Why not try Dish over Direct?

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
            I dont want to hijack the op's thread

Question, I did this at the lease for 11 years with our old dish equipment.

We then moved our home to a new city and had to have our new house set up for dish. The tech came out and looked at our equipment and said it was ancient and needed replacing.

He called hq and upgraded us to a hopper and joey system. He told me I could not do what I was doing with the old reciever at the lease with the new hopper and joey system we were getting.

Question ? Is this true about a hopper and joey system?

Yes because the Joey is wireless. It’s streaming off the hopper basically.

Comment

wineguard here as well - ours is permanently mounted on the rv since it will work even when you are going down the road (which is completely useless to me since I'm usually driving )

The tailgater is a great system.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                wineguard here as well - ours is permanently mounted on the rv since it will work even when you are going down the road (which is completely useless to me since I'm usually driving )

The tailgater is a great system.

Our winegaurd is permanently mounted as well, tailgater is just backup if there too many trees for the winegaurd to get signal.

Lots of technology we almost never use....

Comment

Working...
                X