No announcement yet.

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if it makes you feel any better about it, you can pay me! lol! jk.

oh yeah man, you gotta go bigger on those big suckers. I had the same situation with a boar I shot in the head, he dropped, got up and ran out of the pond. Send him to piggy hell with 1 behind the shoulder, two in the gut. Found him a few days later, 100 yards from where he stood. The back of his head was a mess.

try the 62grains. Should give you some "umf"

Comment

Im giving up on the 5.56 for piggies.

New SBR uppers are in the works for 300 blk and 6.8 gonna be the pig guns.

Comment

6.8 is clutch! I'm a 6.8 junkie these days. It's my go-to AR. Just finished a 300 bo sbr and want a 6.8. need to shoot it.

what barrel you going with for the 6.8? Length?
        Last edited by Chuy; 10-31-2014, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
          6.8 is clutch! I'm a 6.8 junkie these days. It's my go-to AR. Just finished a 300 bo sbr and want a 6.8. need to shoot it.

I havent bought anything for the 6.8 yet... still researching... right now I'm leaning towards 12.5 lo pro noveske...

What do you think?

Comment

I bought a new photon 4.6 at the gun show and have been playing with it.

So far what IR illuminator do yall get the best results with. Ive been using a streamlight super tac IR and it works really good. That and a Portable DVD player on the ranger dash makes for a fun time.

Comment

I have a few questions if someone could help me out! Is the Photon scope all you need for night hunting, what kind of yardage is it good for, and will it handle the recoil of an AR10?? I'm new to night vision and would like some info please. Thanks, Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                I havent bought anything for the 6.8 yet... still researching... right now I'm leaning towards 12.5 lo pro noveske...

What do you think?

I shoot the 16" bison. Thing is a tack driver with hornady 110gr sst at 100yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post

I've got a 300 blackout that my photon is going on once it gets here next week. I'm really considering putting together a 6.8 upper or maybe a 6x45.

Have any of yall shot any 250 range pigs with a blackout yet?

Comment

For any of you guys looking for a photon XT I have one that I got in last week I am needing to sell. It's awesome I just need to fund another project.

Pm for details and price.

Comment

2 down with the Mini 14 and 5x Gen 1 photon over the weekend. 55gr TTSX @ 100yds . The bigger pig went 180 on the scale and was shot before sunrise Saturday morning. 2 hours later another group of pigs came in and I got the rust colored pig. So a nightime and daytime pig in 1 sit with the Photon!

Comment

Fantastic! Awesome shooting.

Comment

Samson that's a real good looking gun, too.

Comment

Nice job Samson! What are the specs on the mini 14?

Comment

Nice kills! KAP!

Comment

Originally posted by q-all View Post
                                For any of you guys looking for a photon XT I have one that I got in last week I am needing to sell. It's awesome I just need to fund another project.

Pm for details and price.
                                Never mind on this guys. I am just gonna hold onto it for now. I am abandoning my other project and went ahead and ordered a tnvg Torch pro ir light.

It's am awesome scope and I would recommend any one wanting one to go through Jason. His deal is awesome. I paid way more for mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X