Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first time I shot my Gamo Silent Cat, it sounded like a 22

Comment

I have a Benjamin, .22, smooth bore. Wish They had rifled barrels like the old .22, Crosman.

Comment

I have an older one and replaced the scope with a cheap Simmons 3x9.
        Dead squirrels at 40 yds one shot. Mine likes the gold pellets Gamo Precision Ballistic Alloy Raptor .177
        It will shoot less than a dime size group at 25 yds

Comment

Originally posted by hoytassassin View Post
          Hey Cat just an update on the NP2. I was curious as to the power of my gun as I have yet to shoot anything with it so I pulled out the big metal trash can I keep in the garage to see what a pellet would do to it. I figured it would go through but wasn't sure about much after that so I stuck some magazines behind the first side. The pellet blew threw the can and threw 3 magazines. The entry hole was massive for a .22 as I could almost put my pinky through it. No doubt this gun will blow through squirrels and I'm 100% positive a pig won't stand a chance either. Also I'm shooting nickel size groups at 30 yards with the Benjamin discovery pellets.
          I had a similar experience with the Gamo Bone Collector Pellet Trap. 4th shot and I got a ricochet after a pass through.
          I now use a couple of thick phone books for backstops when checking sights.

Comment

Anyone have any experience with the Benjamin Trail NP XL .25 cal? I know it won't run the same speed as the .177 or .22, but it sure does pack a heck of a punch when it gets there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
              Anyone have any experience with the Benjamin Trail NP XL .25 cal? I know it won't run the same speed as the .177 or .22, but it sure does pack a heck of a punch when it gets there.

No sir but what i've read about it its a beast.... most complaints on the xl are in regards to the trigger. Benjamin redid their trigger on the np2 and i have zero complaints on it.

Comment

Is this a good deal on an air rifle

Originally posted by hoytassassin View Post
                No sir but what i've read about it its a beast.... most complaints on the xl are in regards to the trigger. Benjamin redid their trigger on the np2 and i have zero complaints on it.

So a trigger job and it should be golden... nice. I was considering the NP XL and a pellet casting mold as a SHTF/survival option. Lead is pretty easy to find, easy to mold, and the pistons tend to last at least a couple decades on these guns. A heavy grain .25 even stays subsonic in the NP XL, reducing the noise profile while maintaining killing power. Seems like a pretty good backup to a standard .22 rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                  So a trigger job and it should be golden... nice. I was considering the NP XL and a pellet casting mold as a SHTF/survival option. Lead is pretty easy to find, easy to mold, and the pistons tend to last at least a couple decades on these guns. A heavy grain .25 even stays subsonic in the NP XL, reducing the noise profile while maintaining killing power. Seems like a pretty good backup to a standard .22 rifle.

Yes sir

Comment

Working...
                  X