Gun Safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun Safe

Is this a good one for the money? It's a birthday gift for my 15 year old. It's also at the top of my birthday present budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's ok. I bought that same safe less than a year ago for the ranch. It serves it's purpose but the keypad is poorly constructed. The bezel on mine broke within a week. Overall it's an ok safe for the money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

I would definately want more than 4 bolts. Those don't take long to break into. Do your research.

Comment

Last edited by ontarget; 05-19-2017, 03:49 PM.

Comment

They have this one at Costco from time to time for 499.99. I have thought about picking one up myself.

Comment

Originally posted by ontarget View Post
            They have this one at Costco from time to time for 499.99. I have thought about picking one up myself.
            Was about to say the same thing, I was looking at it in the Costco here on Thursday. The bolts are all on the left side of the door, the right side doesn't have any, but it sits inside the safe and has about a 1" overlap on the right side. If you were to cut the hinge pins you wouldn't be able to open the door, you'd have to cut all 4 bolts and both the hinge pins to get it off. Most serious thieves go through the top or sides anyways, it's thinner material.

If you don't have a Costco card, have a buddy take you and tell them to grab a case of beer while they're inside.

Comment

Originally posted by MDMEADTX View Post
              I would definately want more than 4 bolts. Those don't take long to break into. Do your research.
              they are all easay to brake into, watch the videos. you have to spend $$$ to have a good one

Comment

I'm looking at safes as well and I've been wondering about all this security stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong but I got to thinking that most of these safes (like the one the OP listed) are going to protect your stuff against 99% of home break-ins? Wouldn't it take a experienced thief that's specifically targeting safes/guns to break into one of these? Seems like, if someone has targeted you enough to know you have a safe full of guns and figured out when they can break into your home with enough time to break into a safe, you're about destined to lose your safe contents regardless - if you have a more secure safe, they'll just hit you when they have more time. A internet based security system, that can be had for pretty cheap these days, will severely limit the time that thieves have to work on your safe. I'm guessing that each situation is different, though. Am I looking at this wrong? I'm more concerned with the fire rating; as long as the safe is relatively well constructed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                  I'm looking at safes as well and I've been wondering about all this security stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong but I got to thinking that most of these safes (like the one the OP listed) are going to protect your stuff against 99% of home break-ins? Wouldn't it take a experienced thief that's specifically targeting safes/guns to break into one of these? Seems like, if someone has targeted you enough to know you have a safe full of guns and figured out when they can break into your home with enough time to break into a safe, you're about destined to lose your safe contents regardless - if you have a more secure safe, they'll just hit you when they have more time. A internet based security system, that can be had for pretty cheap these days, will severely limit the time that thieves have to work on your safe. I'm guessing that each situation is different, though. Am I looking at this wrong? I'm more concerned with the fire rating; as long as the safe is relatively well constructed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Yes you are correct. I just bought a Browning BXL33 from BassPro. $1300 and I like it.

No safe hardly is theft proof if they have enough time. But 99.9% of the time no one has the time to spend that much time in a break in to do what is needed to break into one.

Plus if they don't know its their they cant plan ahead of time

Comment

I have that safe. It was giving to me because the digital lock failed. I replace with a tumbler lock and its GTG. There is a lot of info on U-tube on this, and I would recommend doing so.

Comment

Working...
                    X