No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All persons on public hunting lands (state, national forests, and grasslands) during daylight hours when hunting with firearms is permitted must wear at least 400 square inches of hunter orange material with orange headgear, and at least 144 square inches appearing on both chest and back.

Exempt from these requirements are:

persons hunting turkey, migratory birds, alligators, or desert bighorn sheep;
    persons within the enclosed passenger compartment of a motor vehicle; or
    persons within a designated campground, designated vehicle parking area, designated boat launching facility, or departmental check station.

Comment

Well suck me sideways! I feel pretty foolish now.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Comment

I look at it this way.
        In the heat of the hunt, when a projectile is about to be loosed, it will be easier for your buddy to see where you or other hunters are standing if everyone is wearing blaze orange.

Comment

Originally posted by NeKro View Post
          All persons on public hunting lands (state, national forests, and grasslands) during daylight hours when hunting with firearms is permitted must wear at least 400 square inches of hunter orange material with orange headgear, and at least 144 square inches appearing on both chest and back.

Exempt from these requirements are:

persons hunting turkey, migratory birds, alligators, or desert bighorn sheep;
          persons within the enclosed passenger compartment of a motor vehicle; or
          persons within a designated campground, designated vehicle parking area, designated boat launching facility, or departmental check station.
          This is the part that gets Granger, firearms are always allowed for squirrel and small game, so orange must be worn at all times unless you are hunting under the exception rules.

Comment

Originally posted by cgcaples12 View Post
            Got a double
            That's rarefied air at Granger, good hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by cgcaples12 View Post
              Just shot two deep in 7 right at dusk. Going back early tomorrow morning to track. Stalked from top of 7 for about 2 and half hours in ran up on a momma and her babies. Sunk a rage broadhead in her a bit back. She took her piglets and ran a little but couldnt run too well she had a huge hematoma growing close to her hind leg. I followed to put another one in her and she led me straight to the herd of 15-20. She spotted me at about 50 yards and squealed, but only her and the pigs ran off the rest stayed. So I took another one at 60 yards, much better shot. I tracked a little, but it got too dark. Going back tomorrow morning to try and find them both. Hit momma with a black eagle arrow with rage broadhead, then hit the other big one with an exodus broadhead black eagle arrow. If anyone wants to help find them and see a good spot text me.

737-eight8eight-1six79

Think I found one. Stuck an arrow in from 30 yards, wasn’t sure if was a sleeping one. Been dead awhile, stunk bad when I pulled the arrow out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Overlord; 02-14-2020, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Anyone going out there today?

Comment

Went out today to gate 6, top of 7 and spillways didn’t see anything I did come across 2 dead deer about 15 feet apart from each other that seemed strange to me

Comment

Originally posted by SGTdebo305 View Post
                    Went out today to gate 6, top of 7 and spillways didn’t see anything I did come across 2 dead deer about 15 feet apart from each other that seemed strange to me

smh

Comment

Did they have any wounds on them? Haven't looked but pretty sure deer season is over. Report it if you think its poachers.

Comment

Man I'd report that to the game wardens. Not cool if someone killed them

Comment

where were the dead deer? Looks like you covered some area. I like to know concerns to be on the look. I venture #6 but not in a while now. Going soon though.

Comment

Gettin to be white bass time. Do they run in San Gabriel? Thought I remembered a few mentions of it 5694365 posts back.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jem View Post
                              Gettin to be white bass time. Do they run in San Gabriel? Thought I remembered a few mentions of it 5694365 posts back.

No. Gotta go to yegua creek

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jem View Post

San Gabriel west of Granger lake has plenty of white bass. If that’s what you’re referring to.

Comment

Working...
                                X