What’s the best shot you have ever made on a live animal? Bow or Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s the best shot you have ever made on a live animal? Bow or Rifle

Considering hunting season is around the corner, let’s hear the best shots you have made, whether it’s because you are that lucky or that good.

Killed a dove last year with the longbow. First shot of the day. Missed about the next 30. It was my 4th day in a row to hunt that way with no success.

Comment

157 yards freehand shot on an axis doe, not broadside, facing directly towards me. It was more luck than skill, no doubt.

I consider myself to be a pretty okay shot if I have a rest but that one was 90% luck

Comment

With bow, I’ve shot a couple deer and a hog at 40 yards. With a rifle, a deer at 315 yards.

Comment

I shot a boar at over 300 yards with night vision that was on top of a girl attacking her.

Comment

Threw a rock at a rabbit last December at work, no clue how but it killed it. I thought taking 4 teal with one shot was cool until I realized how quick the hunt was going to be lol

Comment

326 yards on a nice buck with a 260 rem.
              656 yards on a huge Tom 260 rem.
              Shot a 120-150 pound hog that was full sprint running free hand at about 275-300 yards with the same 260rem bullet hit her right threw the front elbows.

Comment

Originally posted by tp3 View Post
                i shot a boar at over 300 yards with night vision that was on top of a girl attacking her.

#neverforget

Comment

35 years ago when I was a rifle hunter, was in Meeker Colorado hunting mule deer. Jumped a 6 point at about 50 yards and he took off in that crazy bounding run they do. **** him right in the back of the head. Short tracking job. NO, I did not try to do that. Just a bad shooter that got lucky.

Comment

Heart shot on a doe standing under my tree and watching her die in sight is a great feeling.

Comment

Coyote at about 125 yds with a 357 rifle, no scope, free hand at night with my wife holding a spot light on him. He dropped like a hammer! It was pure dang luck.

Comment

600@ yds cow elk with my 300wsm

Comment

The best ? Probably between these three.

A feral house cat at 109 steps with a Model 53 S&W .22 Jet........at night ! Just aimed at the eyes, the bullet went through its teeth.

A crow at a little over 200 yards with a Big Bore 94 in .375 Win. Peep sight.

Head shot on a rabbit at over 40 yards with a High Standard Target in .22 short

All these were with much younger eyes.

Comment

buck at 504 yards with a 300 winmag 16 years ago

Comment

About 50 yards with a .22 Browning bolt action. Shot a bull frog dead center between the eyes as he lay in a cow track at the edge of a tank. He never flinched, never knew what hit him. I mean perfectly between the eyes.

Comment

Working...
                              X