Budget Home Build!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Houston4x4 View Post
    Im am constantly in awe when i see these progress pictures! Are you in construction or custom home builder by trade?
    I appreciate that but far from it. I'll stick to my antler chandeliers and ranch managing job!

Tape and bed went well today. Was nice seeing progress and not having to do any of the work! With not much to do myself this week I will hopefully get a little hunting in some evenings.
    Attached Files

Comment

What a great follow this is. Great work man! Keep it up.

Comment

Had the septic tanks pumped out today and checked in on the tape and bedding. Looking good so far!
        Attached Files

Comment

No pics of the septic tank?[emoji23] Do you think the field lines are ok?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
            No pics of the septic tank?[emoji23] Do you think the field lines are ok?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
            Septic guy said tanks were from last 10 yrs. We purchased the property 5 yrs ago and a family of 5 lived in a trailer home here. Based on his evaluation of what he could see he said they should be good. For $400 it's worth waiting and seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by lampmoon
              Chosen to get another line thumped out. I've improved the situation today! 4x6 post and solid coming tomorrow. I'll be back at it (source) tomorrow evening. I'll post pics in a touch of my home form. Individual home is 1700 SQ/FT and took 9 months. This one is significantly littler so ideally go speedily.
              Sounds good!

Comment

Looking great Jason!

I've got one of those 2x500 watt Halogen lights also. Them buggers put out some heat too.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  Looking great Jason!

I've got one of those 2x500 watt Halogen lights also. Them buggers put out some heat too.
                  Thanks!

Yes sir they do! Burn fingers easily as well!

Comment

AC system

Update ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jkennedy26 View Post
                      Update ?
                      Still haven't picked a person yet. Have 1 more bid coming tomorrow.

Comment

I seen this house this past weekend. It looks great. Trying to talk him into building one for me when I can get more land.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                          i just read all 13 pages plus the thief story. awesome job dude.
                          x2

Very impressive! As others have said, amazing work and great job with explanations and pictures. Truly awesome!

Comment

Texture is complete. A/C is supposedly going in today. Ended up $6k for Central Heat/Air. Little more than planned but saved in other areas so good.

Also spent $6200 on all remaining appliances (Fridge, W/D, Water heater, Oven, Microwave, Dishwasher), interior doors, vanities, cabinets, toilets, fixtures and faucets. I will need to add up everything but looking like $36-$38k finished out.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                              Texture is complete. A/C is supposedly going in today. Ended up $6k for Central Heat/Air. Little more than planned but saved in other areas so good.

Also spent $6200 on all remaining appliances (Fridge, W/D, Water heater, Oven, Microwave, Dishwasher), interior doors, vanities, cabinets, toilets, fixtures and faucets. I will need to add up everything but looking like $36-$38k finished out.
                              I'm getting excited for the final phases.

Curious as this is your second one, do you see yourself doing this again?

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
                                I'm getting excited for the final phases.

Curious as this is your second one, do you see yourself doing this again?
                                I can see myself building another one. I'm currently trying to close on 30 acres across from my 88 acres now. If I can get it then I will build us a new home on it. Already has electricity and water on site so huge advantage there. Just waiting to hear back from landowner if she will sell the remaining acreage to me.

A/C is just about done. Everything is looking good. Will update pics later this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X