Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a Bad Season, So Far (video with kill)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a Bad Season, So Far (video with kill)

I'm on a 3 week success streak beginning with a doe in south Texas, a buck last weekend in Blanco and a doe this evening in Blanco. Below is the video.

I also missed a buck we've been hunting for two seasons. My son missed him last year and I blew one over his back tonight. I'm pretty confident the broken fiber on my 20 yard pin caused me to not see it and pick the 30 yard. I'll look into it tomorrow.

Hope you enjoy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF8wuvDltlk&t"]Blanco Doe Kill Shot and "Grey 8" Miss - YouTube[/ame]

Great video.... that through the shoulder shot was nice!.

Weird how you arrow fishtailed bad in the hit and was "straight as an arrow" in the miss

Congrats on the doe

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Great video.... that through the shoulder shot was nice!.

Weird how you arrow fishtailed bad in the hit and was "straight as an arrow" in the miss

Congrats on the doe
      Straight as an arrow last week, crazy flight on the doe, straight on the miss. Nuts. I need to do some shooting in the yard tomorrow.

The doe didn't bleed at all. She was dead 15 yards the other side of brush line where I saw her go in and still hard to find.

Comment

Good stuff Casey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good vid.
          Congrats on the doe and, best of luck on that buck

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Man thats good video quality. Crystal clear. And I enjoy watching real hunting that actually shows the disappointments along with success. Good job!

Comment

Crazy arrow flight on that first shot. Something not right with that arrow ? Great video !

Comment

Lot of noise on the shot on the buck. Could it been possible the limb hit the blind on release?

Comment

Originally posted by Dillakilla View Post
                    Man thats good video quality. Crystal clear. And I enjoy watching real hunting that actually shows the disappointments along with success. Good job!
                    Disappointment does not accurately describe it. That buck has our number!

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                    Crazy arrow flight on that first shot. Something not right with that arrow ? Great video !
                    The only change I made was new Glory Nock. I need to go practice with it to see what's up.

Originally posted by Jimbo47 View Post
                    Lot of noise on the shot on the buck. Could it been possible the limb hit the blind on release?
                    I bumped the camera with my stabilizer for sure. Other than that, it's just the external microphone I used amplifying EVERYTHING, including my breathing. I'm hunting out of a Krivo Blind.

Comment

Good video. Congrats on the kills

Comment

nice video quality! enjoyed the video.

Comment

Congrats Casey...you've got some big does on that place!

Comment

The videos are excellent. Did you panic on the buck shot?

Comment

Originally posted by locknload View Post
                              The videos are excellent. Did you panic on the buck shot?
                              While I got pretty excited, I had calmed down by the time he gave me the shot. I did notice late in the hunt that the fiber broke for my 20 yard pin. It just didn't glow like the others. I picked the 30 yard pin with him at 16 yards. I shot my bow yesterday and am convinced this was the issue. I've emailed Trophy Ridge to see what can be done to repair.

Here is a pic of the sight at the end of the hunt with the light on. I did not use the light during the hunt, so that top pin disappears.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-17 17.55.36.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	24560473

Comment

Working...
                              X