Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
    This^^^^^

I am on my 3third! I guarantee you, you will have to have work done on a new RV I have. Get ready for the that and don't get in a hurry to ever get your RV back from the shop in a timely manner. The RV industry is horrible to put it nicely.
    Fortunately I have a friend that his business is repairing RV's and mobile Homes. Quick and very cost effective, it is just the PITA of hauling it back and forth.

Comment

I’m done with new or used. I bought a pop-up years ago brand new. I stored it in my garage & never outside. Third camping trip the first year the seal around the top mounted A/C leaked. Rain dripped inside. I had it serviced & replaced for way too much $ and it leaked first trip after replacement. Service place basically said “sorry but not our fault”. I sold it after only about 5-6 camping trips. Never will buy another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        Fortunately I have a friend that his business is repairing RV's and mobile Homes. Quick and very cost effective, it is just the PITA of hauling it back and forth.
        Well you are lucky then!!

For us others dealing with the dealer is a PITA! After you drive it off they don't care anymore.

Comment

They try to build them lighter and cheaper, what could possibly go wrong

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
            Tomcat rat bait.
            You're welcome.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
            That stuffs like cocaine to south texas mice!

Comment

I bought mine used several years ago - it had been sitting at a storage facility for several years prior and I got a really good deal.
              I did not get it to pull around to different places, but to plant at my deer lease to stay in for hunting.
              Over the years, I've had to make some repairs, replace some stuff, and give up on some stuff (like the heater).
              I lost my lease after 11 years, so I had to remove my camper. I didn't think much about the fact that the camper had sat for at least 5 years before I bought it and another 9 after I bought it. I had no less than FOUR blowouts within the first 50 miles of removing it!!
              It is now at my home and I'll be doing some structural repairs and improvements with my hunting money and hunting time this year.
              I agree that if I knew it was 'semi-permanent', I'd opt for one of the sheds and finish it out.

Comment

I wish someone told me in advance that RV was actually short for "Rainwater Vessel".

Comment

find old airstream (if there are any left), fix what needs fixing, use it for a bit, then sell it for more $ than you bought it. Hipsters love those things.

Comment

^^^^ man that’s the truth. I been looking at used Airstreams and some of those old ones are crazy expensive. The remodeled ones are like buying a cabin.

Comment

One problem I have found is that once it rains on a camper, then freezes shortly thereafter, water works itself into little creases, freezes and opens little cracks in the sealant. After a freeze the sealant needs to be touched up. Best thing is to put a camper under a shelter of some kind. A cover is a PIA I know but it saves a ton of headaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar_HOYT View Post
                        ^^^^ man that’s the truth. I been looking at used Airstreams and some of those old ones are crazy expensive. The remodeled ones are like buying a cabin.
                        Ha... I’ve lived in plenty of houses that were cheaper then what my dad paid for his new airstream.

Despite the expense I just mentioned, if you want quality, buy an airstream. He legitimately renovated a ‘91 and a ‘74 before his new one. I don’t know of any other trailer you can actually rebuild. Most times, other brands are too far gone because they’re made out of particle board and cheap vinyl.

The only problem is that you can easily pay 20k for a camper that NEEDS rebuilding!

Comment

When buying used, repair & heavier maintenance are often the trade-off from new & higher-priced.....they're all a PIA.

Comment

If you think there is always something going wrong with an rv or boat, buy a tractor. Jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
                              If you think there is always something going wrong with an rv or boat, buy a tractor. Jeez.
                              I have all 3.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                                Own a boat and camper if you dare. Always something to work on!!

Or 2 campers and 2 boats!!!

It doesn't matter if you spend $2k or $2M on a camper! Slides are gonna leak at some point and your gonna have plumbing problems!

Comment

Working...
                                X