Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what time do y'all have your feeder timers set on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the first year for my son and I to own and operate our own feeders. We have them set for:

6:30 a.m. x 5 seconds
    8:30 a.m. x 3 seconds
    4:30 p.m. x 5 seconds

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Being that I'm a little further west and the light I'm comfortable shooting in I have mine going off around 8 am and 5 PM. Also I have 3 feeders so I staggered the times to get them moving around a pattern.

Now for the amount of time it runs, that I have figured out down to the amount of corn thrown by calculating spinner plate spacing and time so I throw 2.5 lbs each run

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

7 am 6 seconds
        4:30 pm 6 seconds

Comment

7:15am: 6 seconds

5:45pm: 6 seconds

Will adjust as needed

Comment

Also hand throw corn

Comment

I like mine going off about 15 minutes before shooting light and about 2 hours before dark. I also have a remote on mine in case I need to set it off again (when it works).

Comment

Currently have the feeder set for 7:15 am and 6:30 pm.
                Will hand throw corn depending on trail camera pics.
                But will adjust with daylight saving time.

Comment

8:00 AM 6 seconds
                  5:30 PM 6 seconds

I have old eyes. No sense in feeding deer if you can't see to shoot. I learned a long time ago that I can kill plenty of deer getting in the stand just before dawn. I also want an hour of daylight left if I shoot one in the evening. It works for me. My clocks on the feeders will be an hour off next weekend.

Comment

Mine are at 7 am, 8 am and 6 pm during archery season and I usually roll them forward during the season but it’s been too dang muddy to get to all but 1 feeder.

Comment

6:45am 5 seconds
                      12 noon 4 seconds
                      4:30pm 5 seconds

Comment

0715 and 1730 for 10 seconds each!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Ali.. Very quick and to the point.

You are a duck hunter so I know you know sunrise and sunset numbers and that they change through out the season. It depends on YOUR area sunrise and YOUR area sunset numbers. You can't ask the forum for the specific times because there could be a 30-40 minute discrepancy over the state of Texas as to when the sun rises and sets.

Quick guide I use when adjusting my feeder throughout the year.....

AM feeds 20 minutes before your actual sunset time. That's just a hair before good shooting light.

PM feeds 1.5 hours before your actual sunset time.

Adjust accordingly throughout the year. I usually change mine after the last Sunday hunt each time I go and have it so that when I am coming back in a few weeks it is perfect. Get you a sunrise sunset app on your phone and use it.

Thanks bubba! my spot is just outside of Sulfur Springs.
                          As you know I hunt public land 90% of the time, no box blind, no corn and no feeder... This is the first time in many years that I have a piece of private property to hunt on with all the "luxury".
                          I'm just wanting to attract the deer to the area where I'll be hunting for now and I figured let them feed just before dawn because they probably feel more comfortable at that time (NOT TO SHOOT at that time) now the time is changing, I'm wondering what time I should change it, so I have time to get to the blind and not mess the deer up with the time timer time change and the daylight savings time change...
                          By the way, I'll continue to hunt public lands as well because I feel it's more challenging and I think I have more choices of areas to hunt.

Thanks Jason and everyone else.
                          Last edited by ATI; 10-29-2018, 10:11 AM.

Comment

I feed twice a day, 7 AM and 5 PM, year round. The only thing I change is the throw time. From September until the end of the season I'll throw abut 7 seconds. The rest of the year abut 4 seconds.

Comment

Mine are at 12 seconds. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I adjust to keep morning throw as close to first light as possible, and evening throw 1.5 hours before sunset.

Comment

Working...
                                X