South Texas Rut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Texas Rut

I was wondering if the rut had kicked into high gear yet or if it was still to come. I’m heading down to Laredo on January 6 - 12 and was curious as to what I could expect. Thx in advance.

It is on in Duvall county. Just started this week.

Comment

Yeah I was in Duval last weekend and have never seen deer running like this before. Must've caught it at just the right time. Saw bucks chasing at noon... Heading back tonight for the long weekend.

Comment

Its been a wierd year. I live in west SA and we have a lot of neighborhood deer. The rut here lasted almost 2 full months. It started around the second month on November and just ended last week. Longest initial cycle Ive seen in 20 years here. So, be ready for.anything down there.
        Last edited by Walker; 12-29-2017, 07:06 AM.

Comment

I hope they are still rutting!

Comment

Good luck everyone

Comment

About to head to Freer for 3 days, I will update.

Comment

Look forward to hearing from you!

Comment

It has slowed down today, tomorrow and next week will be cold again. Temperature is 54* this morning and 0 wind.

Comment

What stage of the rut would you say the deer are in?

Comment

At our place in McMullen county we have had deer chasing hard since mid December. Slower way down around Christmas for a couple days and picked right back up last few days. My Bil saw 18 different bucks in one sit, albeit most were immature. He saw at least three shooters. Just couldn't get a shot. (Low fence)

Comment

Headed down on January 6 - 12, hopefully they are still running.

Comment

Last year at this time was balls to the wall. Haven’t seen a shooter this year

Comment

We had rut activity outside Hebbronville this week.

Comment

It just need to hold off for a few more days till I get there.

Comment

Working...
                              X