Fence Panel Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fence Panel Blind

I just came across some some free fence panels and was thinking about building a blind on the cheap. Anybody ever had any luck using panels for a blind? Any pointers that I should know? It seems like it would need a lot of bracing to keep it from shifting....but I thought I would ask the pro's!

They make great frames for blinds, especially ground blinds. A buddy of mine took 3, I think and made an awesome 2 man ground blind out of them. He bent one in a big u shape and used the others to cover the front and back, then covered the wire panels with landscaping cloth or greenhouse cloth then covered it all in camo netting. He got inside the blind and then cut holes for shooting in the perfect spots. hung a loose piece of netting over the holes so he could adjust the size of the shooting hole easily. Worked great!

Comment

Put the panels in a circle, cut out windows, Use PVC to build arches as a roof frame that you can put a tarp or cloth over. Cloth around the panels. Spray paint it camo and brush it in.

Comment

brace it good like you said, that will keep er up! brush it in and u got urself a good ground blind

Comment

Sorry guys... I should've been more clear. These are 6 x 8 cedar wood panels from my friends fence. Think that'll still work?

Comment

Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
            Sorry guys... I should've been more clear. These are 6 x 8 cedar wood panels from my friends fence. Think that'll still work?
            I thought they were cattle panels.

In this case I would drive T posts into the ground in a square or triangle shape and then secure the wood fence panels to the T posts. Cut your windows and voila. You could also not touch the ends of the panels together and you would already have a tall vertical window, adjust the size with some brush and your good to go.

I'm about to build a blind out of wood pallets so been thinking about it a little

Edit: re reading your post it sounds like they arent connected. Are they 6x8 inches or feet? if its inches, you could lay them down touching side by side and then put one or two across and nail them all to it.

Comment

I have built 2 of these at my lease and they are really nice and simple to build. I put 4 landscape timbers 2 ft in the ground(no cement needed). Took the 8 ft fence panel and screwed to the landscape timbers. Screwed on 2x4's at top to attach the tin roof. Cut out windows and door...used scrap fence prices for that, and you have a nice blind that cost about $40 or less. I'll take pics next time I'm at the lease.

Comment

I've made a playhouse for my kids from fence panels, even used one for the roof. It's got a "rustic" charm to it (at least that's what I say the plan was). I'll see if I can find the pics. I think it would be easy enough to make the blind. Put you a few posts in the ground, cement not needed and screw panels to it. Just fence in your small area.

Should be good and cheap.

Found pic. Of cours you probably won't want the lights, but I had them around..... Oh and don't pay any attention to the mess.

Last edited by dmk; 07-17-2013, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys! I think they will do the trick. I'm working on it tomorrow. Hopefully I can put some pics up.

DMK, thats a heck of a playhouse I bet they love it. I've got kids too...I think a mess in the yard is just part of it!

Comment

you can build a frame with 2x4's then put the 1x4's for exterior. If they are already weathered it will look natural. just brush it in and buy sheet foam insulation.

Comment

They do love the building, the youngest has declared it a restaurant. Good times, wish I still had the energy and imagination.

Comment

Drive T post in and wrap with PVC pipe, if you want round. Landscape cloth, handful of nuts and machine bolts you should be good.

Comment

I made one before and it worked great! Stayed warm with a Coleman Propane heater on cold days.
                          I took two pickets and made a "L" (total of 4 of these) and held the walls together with screws.
                          Set the roof on it and secured it with screw and it didn't go anywhere.

No floor and a gable style roof Total height 6'6"

If I find the pictures I'll post them.

Comment

This is mine I built.

This is the pic of it at the old lease I just set it up again at the new lease today.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X