Little League Private Coaching College Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little League Private Coaching College Station

I'm looking for some little league coaching in the College Station area. My 9 y/o son isn't brand new to baseball, played a little about two years ago. Just started the local little league. He's pretty in awe of some of these other kids that have been playing but he is not discouraged. He's motivated and wants to really work hard to get better. Him and I are always throwing the ball, doing s few drills and hitting the batting cages.

While I played all the way into HS, I'd like to ensure that he's getting the proper instruction in fielding and batting. He's still a little nervous of getting hit but we are working through that - just practice. Does anyone know of good coaching for little league players in the College Station area? Also, any other advice will help.

My son is 11. He is not the best on the field but he's up at the top. He has had a few years of instruction and it does help, no doubt about it.
    There are some really good videos on YouTube on fielding to watch and practice with.
    The batting cage is your friend.

The key to any of this stuff is consistency !!! You cant start practicing 2 or 3 weeks before the season starts and expect big things. Outside of regular team practices, spend 30 minutes everyday doing fielding drills or hitting heavy balls. In the offseason practice 30 minutes to hour every other day. The better he gets the more confidence he will have and that is huge at the plate.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
      My son is 11. He is not the best on the field but he's up at the top. He has had a few years of instruction and it does help, no doubt about it.
      There are some really good videos on YouTube on fielding to watch and practice with.
      The batting cage is your friend.

The key to any of this stuff is consistency !!! You cant start practicing 2 or 3 weeks before the season starts and expect big things. Outside of regular team practices, spend 30 minutes everyday doing fielding drills or hitting heavy balls. In the offseason practice 30 minutes to hour every other day. The better he gets the more confidence he will have and that is huge at the plate.
      Great information and agree. My issue with the private lesson is I'd like to move away from any father/son dynamics. It can only help.

Comment

Look into Batters Box in Brenham. I know thats about a 45 minute drive for you, but I bet they can help. If nothing else im sure they can give you a referral to somebody that can.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

My kid is in High School and we still play catch. I have not coached or attempted in many years. Works out a lot better. I have played a lot of baseball and have a better baseball IQ than some of his previous coaches. With that said he still learned more from them than he would me because the father/son stuff. Anyone that says different is kidding themselves and usually not helping their kid much. If they want to throw go throw, want to hit go throw BP. Keep your mouth closed if you can

Comment

The older coaches at Batter's Box are great. The younger HS kids not so much.

The owner is a great guy and played at Texas and into the minors at the upper level for years.

Comment

Contact the guys at Twelve baseball. They run a good program from what I have seen. I am sure they have someone in the program or know of someone in the area who can help.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                Contact the guys at Twelve baseball. They run a good program from what I have seen. I am sure they have someone in the program or know of someone in the area who can help.

http://www.twelvebaseball.com
                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X