Age / Score?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age / Score?

I'm guessing 3.5 but could use some help. Had him at 20 yards and keep second guessing my self for not taking the shot. ]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CarlP; 11-23-2016, 09:54 PM.

Originally posted by CarlP View Post
    I'm guessing 3.5 but could use some help. Had him at 20 yards and keep second guessing my self for not taking the shot. ]

Last edited by CarlP; 11-23-2016, 10:07 PM.

Comment

I think 3.5 is about right. Not sure on score though. My theory is, if I have to think that hard about whether to shoot or not, it is probably best to let him walk. Good looking young deer though. Only you know what's on your place and if it should be shot. Always next time

Comment

This is one of the best on our place so far besides the one I let my son take our first year. We are on year three and have only taken one buck. It's hard passing them up when you don't know what your neighbors are shooting.

Comment

I know how that feels. Hunted a lease for a long time where if it had horns, someone around us was going to shoot it. I would say think on it and if he shows up again and you feel good about taking him, then lay his butt in the dirt. We have been seeing lots of spikes this year and if he came out in front of me, I probably would lay him down.

Comment

3.5 would be a nice deer in a couple years

Comment

3 yrs. 110-115 B&C.

Try hollering at your local TPWD biologist and ask about a Wildlife Management Association. Won't make trophy mgt area, but can help some on the defensive shooting and get a little more age on bucks.

Comment

Working...
              X