Keeping the hog out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjhunter82 View Post
    I had to build one as well. The hogs have pushed all deer out of my area and are hammering my protein feeder. The area wreaks of hogs. I'm hoping that with driving them out and shooting a couple soon that the deer will come back to the feeders. I used 5.5' t post every 8' and 34" hog panels. Used 10 and have protein and stand and fill corn. Seems big enough but will see.
    Would you post a pic plz....

Comment

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
      Would you post a pic plz....
      Unfortunately, the big storm pushed us out Saturday so we were scrambling to get back to camp. It's just a circle pen used with material I described. I actually copied a set up here on the site. Google or search here on site and should be plenty of references. In 2 weeks when I head back I will surely post a pic though.

Comment

You could have saved yourself a lot of work by just buying the hog panels.
        The first time I put up one I overlapped the joints and tied them together at 6 places, and then put a t-post every 8'. I got lazy on the next one and put a t-post every 16', one per panel. The hogs didn't test it. Now I don't even overlap the panels and just connect them at the top & bottom. Haven't had a hog get in yet, and I've got a LOT of hogs. If they learn to plow through my weak setup I'll fix it.

Comment

Here is a picture of how most people build their pens minus the temporary gate out front.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

That should do the trick

Comment

Originally posted by mills650 View Post
              You could have saved yourself a lot of work by just buying the hog panels.
              The first time I put up one I overlapped the joints and tied them together at 6 places, and then put a t-post every 8'. I got lazy on the next one and put a t-post every 16', one per panel. The hogs didn't test it. Now I don't even overlap the panels and just connect them at the top & bottom. Haven't had a hog get in yet, and I've got a LOT of hogs. If they learn to plow through my weak setup I'll fix it.
              I built this pen about 5 years ago before we had feral hogs regularly. It did the trick to keep cows out. Now that the hogs moved in, this upgrade was free (had the panels) and did the trick. No hogs in 3 weeks per game camera.

Comment

Working...
              X