ATV Sprayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATV Sprayers

Need to buy a boom less sprayer that I can put in the bed of my mule to spray pastures. Anyone ever used a Fimco LG-3025 or anything similar that they would recommend?

Thanks!

I need to buy one too. Hand sprayed my new plots-to-be this past weekend and that's the last time I'll ever do that. Do boomless sprayers work just as well as this with booms? Pros and cons?

Comment

I bought this one from Northern Tool:

It works pretty well for what it was designed to do. I used it 2 weeks ago out of the mule to spray cactus and it worked excellent. Full disclosure, I have a 500 gallon sprayer I use with the tractor when I need to spray a lot, but this small unit works great off the mule or the 4 wheeler. I have used the boomless attachment without issue. It takes a bit of trial and error to get your speed right, but the spray pattern was decent.

Comment

harbor freight has them as well

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexun View Post

It works pretty well for what it was designed to do. I used it 2 weeks ago out of the mule to spray cactus and it worked excellent. Full disclosure, I have a 500 gallon sprayer I use with the tractor when I need to spray a lot, but this small unit works great off the mule or the 4 wheeler. I have used the boomless attachment without issue. It takes a bit of trial and error to get your speed right, but the spray pattern was decent.
          this. used this same sprayer now for two years, and been working well. no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexun View Post

I have approximately 15 acres to spray with trees innerspersed. How wide of a swath do you get?

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie Dad View Post
              I have approximately 15 acres to spray with trees innerspersed. How wide of a swath do you get?
              Based on the specs listed, the spray pattern is 14 feet, which is probably about right. If you have 15 acres to spray, I would be looking for a much bigger product/sprayer and tank in my opinion. Depending on what you are spraying, you will be spending a lot of time making passes (I estimated about 60 if the 15 acres were squarish) and you will have to fill up the tank quite a few times too. Do you want boomless just so you don't have to worry about trees and other items? Without knowing your situation, I would much prefer a boom sprayer to save a lot of time. What product do you want to spray and what are you trying to control? That might help to better answer your question.

Comment

There is a difference in the boom spray nozzles and the boom less spray nozzles.

It has to do with the size of the droplet.

So depending on what you are spraying it could make a difference.

My boom has a much finer spray than my boomless.

I use the boom most of the time. My boom and boomless are on the same sprayer.

My sprayer is a 60 gallon with a 210 inch boom and plan my mix to spray 4 acres.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                  There is a difference in the boom spray nozzles and the boom less spray nozzles.

It has to do with the size of the droplet.

So depending on what you are spraying it could make a difference.

My boom has a much finer spray than my boomless.

I use the boom most of the time. My boom and boomless are on the same sprayer.

My sprayer is a 60 gallon with a 210 inch boom and plan my mix to spray 4 acres.
                  Totally agree. My boom sprayer produces almost a cloud, and my boomless is more of a "spray pattern". Both work, but definitely have a niche for both too.

Comment

I will be mainly using it for weed control. It is comprised of 4 smaller areas with several trees in each one. That's why I'm thinking boom less would be the way to go. Looking at the northern tool website, I found this one (NorthStar ATV Boomless Broadcast and Spot Sprayer — 26 Gallon, 5.5 GPM, 12 Volt Item# 2287181)
                    What do you think about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie Dad View Post
                      I will be mainly using it for weed control. It is comprised of 4 smaller areas with several trees in each one. That's why I'm thinking boom less would be the way to go. Looking at the northern tool website, I found this one (NorthStar ATV Boomless Broadcast and Spot Sprayer — 26 Gallon, 5.5 GPM, 12 Volt Item# 2287181)
                      What do you think about it?
                      That model would give you a little more range on your spray, which is preferred given the area that you are going to spray. However, the specs indicate that if you ran it at full blast, your spray time may only be 5-6 minutes given the volume of liquid the tank can hold. Its unlikely you would really run it that high, but its possible. I don't know of another, similar product that is boomless that would be a better option in that price range.

Comment

I'm a dealer for Enduraplas out of San Antonio. Check out the website and let me know which one you're interested in and I can get you a price. Everything we've got from them has been high quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan C View Post
                          I'm a dealer for Enduraplas out of San Antonio. Check out the website and let me know which one you're interested in and I can get you a price. Everything we've got from them has been high quality.

http://enduraplas.com/product-catego.../utv-sprayers/
                          Thanks Ryan! Looks like high quality equipment but probably overkill for what I need. Thanks anyway!

Comment

I have a Fimco 25 gal boom sprayer and it gets better coverage than my 15 gallon boomless....but the boomless works well enough to get a good kill.

You need roughly 15 gallons to cover 1 acre (+ or - depending on speed).

Comment

Look here

Tractor Supply Co. is the source for farm supplies, pet and animal feed and supplies, clothing, tools, fencing, and so much more. Buy online and pick up in store is available at most locations. Tractor Supply Co. is your source for the Life Out Here lifestyle!

Look at this boomless

Tractor Supply Co. is the source for farm supplies, pet and animal feed and supplies, clothing, tools, fencing, and so much more. Buy online and pick up in store is available at most locations. Tractor Supply Co. is your source for the Life Out Here lifestyle!

You could put this in the bed of a UTV

Just got a Steve's Tractor Catalog.

look at part # atv-bn2 $49.95 is is a 25 ft boomless nozzle. You can use this with any sprayer. Buy a $149 25 gallon spayer remove the spay handle and attach this. You will have a boomless sprayer...
                              Last edited by Stan R; 04-30-2015, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X