Pic of a dragon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
    What lens, aperture and shutter speed, if its available. One of the issues I have with this type of shot is too open of aperture, causing parts of the subject to be in focus, and some out. I have an issue trying to keep shutter speed up, to keep movement down, and miss the focus depth. I think I said that tight.

That being said, still trying to get a dragonfly to hold still long enough to get a good shot.
    Nice pic...

You could bump your ISO to 400 or even 800 and and get a little extra depth on closer subjects, shoot in aperture priority for more depth, and shutter priority for stop action. With small subjects like this, keep your meter set to spot, and stop down a third. Just some ideas...

Comment

Thank you all for the responses and advice. Being new to cameras and photography I don't know enough to say what settings the camera was on. To the question, if I adjusted anything afterwards, that will be a no. This camera, a Nikon CoolPix 900 captures in a pic format that to my understanding is not practical for adjusting.

To sum it up, I lucked into a decent pic. I have a long road of learning to be able to capture images like the awesome ones posted on here regularly. the beauty of these digital cameras is there is no film to buy. Hope to make some progress on the learning curve and start submitting stuff into the photo of the month thread.

Comment

If you take a photo a little on the side, you can see more details. The photo turned out interesting!

Comment

nice pic.

Comment

This is a great photo as is, I would try getting a shot of the dragonfly taking off or landing.

Comment

Great pic.. I can't tell you how many 100's of thousands of BB's I shot at those things with my "Daisy Red Riders" while they were sitting on my grandparents close line, when I was a kid... Killed 1,000's upon 1000's of them.. The goal was to shoot their head off without hitting the body...
              That was way back before Video games!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                Great pic.. I can't tell you how many 100's of thousands of BB's I shot at those things with my "Daisy Red Riders" while they were sitting on my grandparents close line, when I was a kid... Killed 1,000's upon 1000's of them.. The goal was to shoot their head off without hitting the body...
                That was way back before Video games!!!!!
                Sounds like an awesome way to spend some time outdoors IMHO that is what kids need these days. I would take a BB gun full of BBs and the great outdoors over any video game.

Comment

Good Job!

Comment

Good job

Comment

I think it's a great shot! I wouldn't change a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It looks so surprised!

Great shot.

Comment

Excellent!!

Comment

If you could have just got him to flip you the bird, is the only way I could think it would be better. I think that picture is great myself. Is that a p900 camera ? I’ve been looking at the p1000.

Comment

Great detail

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                                If you could have just got him to flip you the bird, is the only way I could think it would be better. I think that picture is great myself. Is that a p900 camera ? I’ve been looking at the p1000.
                                Yes Sir it is. I didn't know they had the p1000 out. I will have to look at one myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X