New neighbor grrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
    So I need to be 1/4mi inside fence before I can hunt the "wildlife preserve"?
    He may have been kidding. Just a guess.

Comment

Y’all are hunting the same deer as the neighbors. You need to communicate.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
        This, game warden may not make him move feeder but he will have to move his blind so he is shooting parallel to your property instead of perpendicular, if he can't do parallel feeder will have to move
        There is no way a GW has that authority. How do you come up with this stuff?

Comment

He comes up with it because it's true. It would be trespass by projectile and is illegal here in Texas. Probably not in New Jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
            He comes up with it because it's true. It would be trespass by projectile and is illegal here in Texas. Probably not in New Jersey.
            He can advise him of the law, he can warn him he will be keeping a close eye on the situation, he can request he move his stand/feeder, he can do nothing until the neighbor shoots across the fence. Game warden probably wants to deal with this about as much as he'd like to get hit in the head with a hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
              Trespass by projectile is illegal, but that was not his point.
              Neighbor might sit in blind and take pictures Of deer eating at feeder for all y’all know.
              GW is not going to make anyone move a feeder or blind without any laws being broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                He can advise him of the law, he can warn him he will be keeping a close eye on the situation, he can request he move his stand/feeder, he can do nothing until the neighbor shoots across the fence. Game warden probably wants to deal with this about as much as he'd like to get hit in the head with a hammer.

I think being a game warden would be pretty good job experience for becoming a Jr High principal. You have to deal with lots of the same type of behavior in both professions

Comment

Anyone hunting a fence line (new or old) has no room to complain about his neighbor hunting the same fence line. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Maybe I’m reading it differently than some of you are, but I’m seeing that the only real worry is the rifle being fired in the direction of the OP’s property. I’m 150 yards from the fence line of our neighbor, and I won’t even think about shooting a deer in that direction. Maybe common sense isn’t the new hunters strength, or perhaps he’s never even thought about the fact that he’s shooting straight at another hunters setup. But I wouldn’t be happy about it either. Some of you may be perfectly happy with a rifle being fired almost directly at you tho...but not me

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                      Maybe I’m reading it differently than some of you are, but I’m seeing that the only real worry is the rifle being fired in the direction of the OP’s property. I’m 150 yards from the fence line of our neighbor, and I won’t even think about shooting a deer in that direction. Maybe common sense isn’t the new hunters strength, or perhaps he’s never even thought about the fact that he’s shooting straight at another hunters setup. But I wouldn’t be happy about it either. Some of you may be perfectly happy with a rifle being fired almost directly at you tho...but not me
                      And guessing there wouldn't be a problem if box blind was set up on the fence line and feeder moved in 50 yds........oh wait, numerous complaints on tbh of that too........

Comment

I hunted a tripod yesterday with one leg within inches of the property line

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I got a slicker next door to me that did the same thing about 2 months ago. So far I have piled 14 hogs next to the fence where his set up is. Going to be a smelly hunt for him with lots of buzzard action!

Comment

Out of curiosity, how much of the land I lease am I allowed to hunt? Wasn’t aware of an easement on fence lines. If l lease 700 acres to hunt, I’m **** sure going to hunt the whole 700. I’ll make sure I’m not shooting at other properties or property lines but if I want a stand 10’ off the fence line looking back into my land, by god it’s going there.

As for piling hogs, taking a crap on the fence lines and all the other stuff that everyone is so proud of, I’m sure a case could be built for hunter harrassment and you’re admitting to it on an open forum where game wardens are known to frequent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You know I slept on this situation and I have a plan. Why don't y'all get one big box stand and saddle it across the fence where you have a steps on each side and then take turns hunting it. You can save on corn maybe make a new friend.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

If you trimmed a few limbs you could video for him!

Comment

Working...
                                X