6.5 Grendel sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 Grendel sucks

That’s right 6.5 Grendel sucks.... well that is if you don’t like bang flops! So far everything I’ve shot has been a DRT. Tonight was no exception I shot this good size boar in the shoulder with hornady Black 123gr eld at about 100 +/- yards. And he went down without a fight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapseed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	25134137

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my 6.5G

Comment

6.5 Grendel sucks

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
      That’s right 6.5 Grendel sucks.... well that is if you don’t like bang flops! So far everything I’ve shot has been a DRT. Tonight was no exception I shot this good size boar in the shoulder with hornady Black 123gr eld at about 100 +/- yards. And he went down without a fight.

[ATTACH]886456[/ATTACH]

It does! Glad we can agree on something[emoji23].

Comment

I like mine. It's sweet gun!

Comment

Just ordered mine yesterday! Couldn't pass up that LaRue builders kit.

Comment

yep 6.5 Grendel is awesome

Comment

It far exceeds what you would think from the numbers alone, especially with "Fragile" bullets.

Comment

I have been impressed with the little Grendel and what it does to critters. It is building a good reputation as a hunting cartridge with good reasons.

Accurate, low recoil, enough energy as far as most of us need to be shooting, some good bullets available and more factory loads becoming available so ammo availability is getting better and better.

What I have seen from my hunting with the Grendel mimics the OP in this thread and on the target range it can be fun out to 1K and beyond if you are just having fun. For serious target work or competition I would go with a faster round but for fun banging stee out to 1k it is fun.

Comment

Big fan of mine, I will be toting it in the woods this weekend.

Comment

I fell in love with it after my bolt gun now I have a upper coming in

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
                      Just ordered mine yesterday! Couldn't pass up that LaRue builders kit.
                      From where??

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                        From where??
                        From the only place where you would buy a LaRue builder's kit: www.larue.com

Comment

My Grendel was able to take it's first animal this morning and the damage from the 123gr SST was devastating. Dropped a doe in her tracks at 125 yards. Huge entry and exit holes.

Not to mention it drives tacks on the range. I can't wait to stretch it's legs past 200 soon.
                          Very pleased and really love shooting the gun!

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
                            My Grendel was able to take it's first animal this morning and the damage from the 123gr SST was devastating. Dropped a doe in her tracks at 125 yards. Huge entry and exit holes.

Not to mention it drives tacks on the range. I can't wait to stretch it's legs past 200 soon.
                            Very pleased and really love shooting the gun!

Awesome! Let’s see some pictures.

Comment

Best AR 15 rounds out there in my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X