Berger 6.5mm EOL 155 gr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berger 6.5mm EOL 155 gr

Anyone heard any updates. When the big 7 bullet was rolling out, there was all kinds of info. Seems this one had a little slip out when they went to testing then have just dropped off since then. I’d originally heard fall 2017 roll out but Berger offers zero insight when I’ve called. Maybe 2018 SHOT? Anybody got any covert info?

No special info but I have noticed with Berger over the past several years they are almost always behind what they project a release date to be. By months usually

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Yeah Robert built me a 28 nos throated for the 195’s and I remember it taking a couple months longer than the original release date. But, they at least had updates along the way. Berger acts like they don’t even exist when I’ve called. I’ve got a itch for a 7.5 twist 264 win mag and really really want the bullets to get on the shelf before I start it.

Comment

Yeah that would be a sick rifle for sure.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Ttt

Comment

You might even need a straight 7 twist for the 155. Do you already have a 7.5 twist barrel?

Comment

Sierra has a 150 grain and they suggest a 1:7 twist for it. Huge BC.

Comment

I caught something here or LRH about releasing at the 2018 shot show.

If building for this boolet, why not go with a 26 NOS?

BTW-how has that 195 worked out for you in the 28?

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                  I caught something here or LRH about releasing at the 2018 shot show.

If building for this boolet, why not go with a 26 NOS?

BTW-how has that 195 worked out for you in the 28?

I hope they get it before that but, I’m afraid that’s gonna be the case at shot as well. The 28 Nosler and i butted heads for a bit at first but I found the issue and it shoots like a dream. Killed a big 8 last year at 760 yards with it and he melted in his tracks. That bullet stays in the air well and cuts wind like anything I’ve ever seen.

Thought about the 26 but like different stuff. And beings I’ve got the 28 I’m gonna go with the WM. 264 Wm has always been one of my favorite calibers and probably was the favorite till I got my 6.5x284
                  Last edited by hweissert; 01-08-2018, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                    You might even need a straight 7 twist for the 155. Do you already have a 7.5 twist barrel?
                    Yes have #4 bartlein 7.5 but, i knew a couple testing the bullets and they were all shooting great with 8 twist. Was told optimal was gonna be like a 7.6

Comment

Working...
                    X