No announcement yet.

Tropical Storm Irma - now Hurricane Irma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just do not see a week cool front pushing a 175mph hurricane. I think Irma will break through our line of defense. Jmo

Comment

Cat 5....
      good grief.

Ill be watching this thread.. like i did the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
        And in other news, the VI governor just ordered the National Guard to go confenscate all guns, ammo, and supplies on the island that could be used after the storm is done.

Yep, hows that registration working?

According to Daily Caller

Asinine isn't it

Comment

185 mph sustained winds as per 2pm update

Comment

Seems like less consensus than earlier in models. Euro/JMA/HWRF/CMC are west, GFS/UKMet/HMON are East.

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
              Seems like less consensus than earlier in models. Euro/JMA/HWRF/CMC are west, GFS/UKMet/HMOM are East.
              Do you think there is a threshold as far as wind speed goes? Seems historically Irma is pushing the limits as it is.

Comment

in

Comment

Irma is shaping up to be one bad mama jamba

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                    I just do not see a week cool front pushing a 175mph hurricane. I think Irma will break through our line of defense. Jmo
                    I was thinking this exact same thing. Praying we're wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Hill View Post
                      Do you think there is a threshold as far as wind speed goes? Seems historically Irma is pushing the limits as it is.
                      I cant imagine seeing it get upwards of 215MPH like Patricia couple years ago in the EPAC, but I really have no clue, sir. This storm has defied a lot of logic and climatology(furthest East Major, Only Cat 5 outside of Caribbean or Gulf, etc..) already, so its kind of just doing its own thing.

Comment

Watching this closely. Planning a week at Disney world starting on the 17th.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                          Yep. Another bad year was 1992. Cat 5 Andrew pounded south Florida, and then Louisianna, and then a few days later, Cat 4 Iniki hit Hawaii.

Bad years suck.
                          I rode out Iniki in the Navy barracks in Pearl Harbor. My submarine had left me in port for a 3 week Diesel Generator maintenance school while they were out at sea.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                            Thanks fellas. I'm going to send him this thread right now. He's works for a real A hole who said "wait until Thursday and we will reassess"... luckily he's only a year or so from retirement so he pretty much does what he wants. Hopefully I can talk him into getting the heck outta dodge today!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does your Dad have a plan if he can't bug out till later?

Best advice I can give is have him tonight make a hotel reservation where he thinks he might be out of harms way when he leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
                              And in other news, the VI governor just ordered the National Guard to go confenscate all guns, ammo, and supplies on the island that could be used after the storm is done.

Yep, hows that registration working?

According to Daily Caller
                              That's why I don't even like to buy guns new. I know the paperwork at the store isn't registration, but it's a record somewhere of the guns that I own. I prefer a face to face cash deal!

I guess only the criminals will have guns after this hurricane...

BTW - when will the projections get updated for path past Florida? I need to go to Atlanta and Richmond, VA next week. May see if they can move that trip out a week or two.

Comment

Looks like Jose is forming behind her
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X