Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, at least the bleeding heart liberals have their priorities right...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
    The problem is, you are "preaching to the choir". Most of the people (especially on this sub forum) are successful and it didn't come from being bigoted morons. We can be better prople each day, teach our children the correct way to live and show them hypocrisy and idiocy on display when it rears it's head. I figure most people don't do those simple things...
    That is truthful and accepted. Just be aware, if we only preach to eachother & geaux off the proverbial reservation because of "group think" all of us are royally screwed. No way I am giving in to the trashy radicals on either side of this mess.. ...which I think most on here feel the same way. (I hope at least!) Not enough of them trashy radical jerks for one, and I have faith that wiser heads tend to prevail in a democracy. This can turn on a dime with the concise & correct authoritarian message.......i.e., President Reagan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
      Most movements, including conservatism and liberalism, are tribalistic to some extent. Trumpism and anti-Trumpism are more recent, extreme examples. In politics, the farther one moves to the right or left, the more tribal it gets. Defending the tribe and its causes gets in the way of objective reality. The difference is that conservative tribalism is somewhat disciplined and frequently guided by religion while liberal tribalism is much more moblike. In either case, a devoted tribalist will frequently unleash an obnoxious, personal, emotion-based verbal assualt if you question or challenge one of their unsubstantiated political or religious beliefs.

As I previously mentioned, a political forum on a hunting site is likely to be ruled by conservative tribalism for obvious demographic reasons.

Examples of ideological tribalism from both ends of the spectrum -

- Hardcore liberal ideologues in complete denial over illegal immigration to the point where no amount of evidence, observation or data will convince them that illegal immigration should actually be illegal rather than enabled. Their cause ("social justice") is more important than objective reality (the law, the existence of a border, and the negative impacts of illegal immigration).

- Hardcore conservative ideologues unwilling to admit that slavery and white supremacy were a primary cause of secession despite overwhelming historical evidence written by the leaders who actually did the seceding. This is a verifiably dishonest and intensely hypocritical position fed by propaganda and the censorship of historical documents. Their cause (revisionist Confederate "heritage", aka "The Lost Cause") is more important than objective reality (actual documented history). We saw this play out the past few days as some posters ignored, spun, dodged and evaded the actual declarations of secession by Texas and other states.

My subjective observation and opinion on the subject is pretty simple - if you're a hardcore liberal or conservative, there's probably something wrong with you.
      Nothing oddball about this at all. Thanks for the follow-up actually. Tribalism may not be a word for the masses but group think, loyalists, followers, rutter-less, and members all fit the bill. At the end of the day, WE better be Americans that are willing to abide by our Constitution & Bill of Rights. All the " shirts versus no shirts" is counter productive and can be dangerous to our sovereignty. .....not much else matters when the clock strikes 12![emoji15]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Their cause (revisionist Confederate "heritage", aka "The Lost Cause") is more important than objective reality (actual documented history). We saw this play out the past few days as some posters ignored, spun, dodged and evaded the actual declarations of secession by Texas and other states.

My subjective observation and opinion on the subject is pretty simple - if you're a hardcore liberal or conservative, there's probably something wrong with you.
        I think you are confused with which party was the party of the south and which party freed the slaves. The Democrats were the party of slavery.

You say if you're in either of these tribes then there is some thing wrong with me. What if one tribe is right and the other is wrong? Do I belong partially to the tribe which is wrong just to be right by your opinion? Ever give any thought to the point that you may not be all knowing and you may be actually wrong? Ignorance should be accepted, arrogance should not. Tone your arrogance back a bit, if you don't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
          I think you are confused with which party was the party of the south and which party freed the slaves. The Democrats were the party of slavery.

You say if you're in either of these tribes then there is some thing wrong with me. What if one tribe is right and the other is wrong? Do I belong partially to the tribe which is wrong just to be right by your opinion? Ever give any thought to the point that you may not be all knowing and you may be actually wrong? Ignorance should be accepted, arrogance should not. Tone your arrogance back a bit, if you don't mind.

Draco, Varmint Smurf cares not to tone down a thing because he doesn't know how to. Hell, he doesn't even know what you're talking about. He sees himself as erudite and above the fray while in actuality, he is utterly unprincipled a and makes as much sense as Cheech & Chong on bath salts. I had a BIL just like him. Even my ultra-liberal sister grew to abhor him.

Comment

I think your response is confused. It ignores the evolution of the political landscape over the last 160 years. The Confederate states, it's leaders, it's soldiers and it's citizens despised Abraham Lincoln and his Republican Party. The election of Abraham Lincoln and the ascension to power of the Republican party was documented as one of the primary reasons why the Confederate states seceded to protect the institutions of slavery and white supremacy. So what are you - a fan of Abraham Lincoln and the 1860 Republican Party in the North and West Coast or a fan of the Confederacy and the 1860 Southern Democrats who vehemently opposed Lincoln and what they perceived as his assault on the institution of slavery?

Your second comment exemplifies the all or nothing attitude of the political ideologues on the left and right, which is the point I was making. I have said this before, but having a nuanced position on a complicated issue will not land you in the hardcore liberal or hardcore conservative camp, and both camps will disown you for it. I hold some serious conservative viewpoints, particularly when it comes to fiscal matters. Yet in the minds of many conservative ideologues, I'm a "libtard". I also hold some moderate and liberal positions, moreso on social matters, yet in the minds of many liberal ideologues, I'm a right-wing corporate facist. The problem with tribalists is an emotional dedication to an oversimplified and uncompromising viewpoint of right and wrong in a society with hundreds of millions of people wired differently. So yes, if someone takes a hardcore conservative or hardcore liberal position on every single issue, I think there is probably something wrong with them. There is strong evidence of this in the political forum.

Last edited by Vermin93; 08-23-2017, 07:48 AM.

Comment

It doesn't change the fact that you're an arrogant *******.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                Predictable...

In either case, a devoted tribalist will frequently unleash an obnoxious, personal, emotion-based verbal assualt if you question or challenge one of their unsubstantiated political or religious beliefs.

Comment

His post perfectly exemplifies everything I have ever written about Varmint. Everyone is a mouth-breathing simpleton, but him, of course. He has the audacity and, he believes, the obligation to label people whom he does not know, demean them, chastise them and to discount all viewpoints but his own while claiming HIS way is nuanced. If that isn't an Richard Head move, I don't know what is. He claims to have Conservative views but wholly admonishes everyone with those views. Personally, I have never read a single Conservatively leaning post attached to his name. Largely because he rattles on about "tribalism" this and "tribalism" that as he flounders to make sense of that idiotic crap. Tribalism must be his Centrist Club's word of the month as much as he is using it. No one is impressed by him and that irks him to no end. We aren't buying the snake oil he is selling and his fragile ego cannot handle it. He claims to have Conservative views but he certainly doesn't have Conservative values because, "don't do that" is not even on his radar. Of this, I am certain.
                  Last edited by Livin'2hunt; 08-23-2017, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Ironman, his responses to you are absolutely comical! He jumps on here (or any forum, I would imagine), casts aspersions, openly belittles people while refusing to have open debate and then puts on his PJs and sucks his thumb when people get mad at his insolence. THAT, my friend, is the definition of predictable.

My former BIL whom is just like him is the biggest mammary I have ever laid eyes on. If everyone didn't agree with his "nuanced viewpoint" (he used that phrase too), he would pitch a first-rate hissy fit and stomp out of the room to pout. He couldn't handle debate or dissenting views. His ego couldn't abide it. In the end, he was found out to be a small, insignificant egotist with a vocabulary.

Reminds me of someone......

Comment

Predictable...
                      Am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                        I had a BIL just like him. Even my ultra-liberal sister grew to abhor him.
                        This likely demonstrates my point. As I've said multiple times, the tribal ideologues at both extremes struggle mightily to engage in objective, reasoned discussion with individualists. An objective viewpoint is frequently going to frustrate those at the political extremes conditioned by a repetition of ideas and confirmation bias. This frustration is often amplified within some secular liberal tribalists, because once they reject reality as truth, they have no religious dogma to fall back on. Their reality is instead defined by their emotions. This plays out frequently with hardcore liberal protesters. At the other end of the spectrum we have you, although your emotional ranting is more entertaining than hardcore liberal protesting.
                        Last edited by Vermin93; 08-23-2017, 09:02 AM.

Comment

This is too funny.

Comment

LMAO...........I just spit orange juice on my desk!
                            Just missed my laptop by inches..
                            Originally posted by mavrick View Post
                            How about the news " replace confederate statue with one of Missy Elliot" heck yeah that would be great!!!!
                            I thought you were kidding actually.......lmao! Saw it last night while channel surfing. Heck, I still don't get Elvis Presley and Selena having statues in there hometowns.

Comment

Absolute FACT.........but the REST of the story:

Comment

This likely demonstrates my point. As I've said multiple times, the tribal ideologues at both extremes struggle mightily to engage in objective, reasoned discussion with individualists. An objective viewpoint is frequently going to frustrate those at the political extremes conditioned by a repetition of ideas and confirmation bias. This frustration is often amplified within some secular liberal tribalists, because once they reject reality as truth, they have no religious dogma to fall back on. Their reality is instead defined by their emotions. This plays out frequently with hardcore liberal protesters. At the other end of the spectrum we have you, although your emotional ranting is more entertaining than hardcore liberal protesting.
                                Where do you consider yourself on the scale?

Comment

Working...
                                X