Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2017, 02:15 PM   #101
bowtechbandit
Eight Point
 
bowtechbandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Sulphur Springs, TX
Hunt In: Texas and Kansas
Default

Any action
bowtechbandit is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 03:08 PM   #102
.243 WSSM
Ten Point
 
.243 WSSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Metromess, TX
Hunt In: Fannin Co
Default

How far are you from cedar bluff? How is phez population looking? Keep after them
.243 WSSM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:03 PM   #103
cantexduck
Pope & Young
 
cantexduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Florence,Texas/ Willamson
Hunt In: all over central Texas
Default






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This popped up in my news feed. Thought the picture looked familiar , someone on Tbh must of made a phone call. Snitches get stitches.

Last edited by cantexduck; 10-10-2017 at 04:12 PM..
cantexduck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:07 PM   #104
Iehooligan11b
Ten Point
 
Iehooligan11b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas
Default

Well... this just got awkward.
Iehooligan11b is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:08 PM   #105
jshouse
Ten Point
 
jshouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: NE Texas
Default

oh no
jshouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:09 PM   #106
Hobbs
Six Point
 
Hobbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Wow! That stinks. Hope it wasn't a TBHer who ratted you out. Got to know the rules though I guess.
Hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:10 PM   #107
Rack Ranch
Ten Point
 
Rack Ranch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: South Of The Gulf Coast Aquifer
Hunt In: McMullen & Duval Co. Most of the time
Default

Rut Row
Rack Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:16 PM   #108
mhunter6
Four Point
 
mhunter6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: spring
Hunt In: anywhere they let me
Default

Wow


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mhunter6 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:19 PM   #109
osupokes98
Six Point
 
osupokes98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Tom Bean
Hunt In: Grayson, North Central Okla.
Default

Dohh!!!!!!
osupokes98 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:22 PM   #110
KNP16
Four Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Default

Wow that stinks.
KNP16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:22 PM   #111
BURTONboy
Pope & Young
 
BURTONboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Ulm
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantexduck View Post





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This popped up in my news feed. Thought the picture looked familiar , someone on Tbh must of made a phone call. Snitches get stitches.
Dang, that sucks...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
BURTONboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:25 PM   #112
seminole1990
Eight Point
 
seminole1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Prosper, Texas
Hunt In: Valdosta, GA; Haskell, Tx, The H, LBJ Grasslands
Default

what the wha?????????
seminole1990 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:25 PM   #113
LuBowhunter
Pope & Young
 
LuBowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hamshire, Texas
Hunt In: Real County, Chambers County, Kansas, Wyoming, Montana, New Mexico, Nebraska
Default

Uh oh
LuBowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:25 PM   #114
Black Gold
Ten Point
 
Black Gold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Shiner, TX
Hunt In: Dryden & Hallettsville, TX
Default

Ouch....
Black Gold is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:27 PM   #115
cookemerkel
Ten Point
 
cookemerkel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Default

**** that sucks man.

Hope he is able to get his bow back.
cookemerkel is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:28 PM   #116
Colton
Pope & Young
 
Colton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: San Antonio, TX
Hunt In: Hill Country, South Texas
Default

Oh mannnn!!!
Colton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:29 PM   #117
JeffK
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default

Wow, they took his bow for a stinking bobcat. They needed it for evidence?

It was apparently a honest mistake coming from a state with no such season. Give whatever fine and move on.
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:31 PM   #118
Capt.Brown
Ten Point
 
Capt.Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Burnet
Hunt In: Texas
Default

unreal
Capt.Brown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:31 PM   #119
twosixteens
Ten Point
 
twosixteens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Young County Mostly
Default

That's rough
twosixteens is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:33 PM   #120
TildenHunter
Pope & Young
 
TildenHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Tilden & Utopia
Default

That sucks if it was a TBHer. Sounds like it from "Vehicle description and general area given". It was a predator........not a game animal. Get a life to whoever reported him. If anything, he saved some deer, rabbits, quail, pheasants etc from getting eaten by that thing. In no way am I condoning breaking the law but he obviously wouldn't have posted it on TBH had he known he was breaking the law. A simple PM would of sufficed.
TildenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:33 PM   #121
Capt.Brown
Ten Point
 
Capt.Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Burnet
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK View Post
Wow, they took his bow for a stinking bobcat. They needed it for evidence?

It was apparently a honest mistake coming from a state with no such season. Give whatever fine and move on.
I agree but you need to know the game laws were your hunting, I learned my lesson in New Mexico 15 yrs ago.
Capt.Brown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:33 PM   #122
HoustonHunter94
Ten Point
 
HoustonHunter94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Default

Wow. That sucks. Had to be someone from here no?
HoustonHunter94 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:34 PM   #123
Addicted2bh
Ten Point
 
Addicted2bh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Fort Worth Texas
Hunt In: Everywhere
Default

Dang that sucks...
Addicted2bh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:35 PM   #124
cookemerkel
Ten Point
 
cookemerkel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TildenHunter View Post
That sucks if it was a TBHer. Sounds like it from "Vehicle description and general area given". It was a predator........not a game animal. Get a life to whoever reported him. If anything, he saved some deer, rabbits, quail, pheasants etc from getting eaten by that thing. In no way am I condoning breaking the law but he obviously wouldn't have posted it on TBH had he known he was breaking the law. A simple PM would of sufficed.
My thoughts exactly.
cookemerkel is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:38 PM   #125
junior
Pope & Young
 
junior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Killeen,Tx
Hunt In: Bell,Williamson,San Saba Counties
Default

Dang, would have never expected this ending! Pretty sorry for turning him in!
junior is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:39 PM   #126
tmurray
Ten Point
 
tmurray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cypress, TX
Hunt In: Victoria
Default

Tough lesson learned right there, I would have never guessed there was a season on predators. Sorry you're having to deal with that.
tmurray is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:39 PM   #127
44mAG
Eight Point
 
44mAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Buda, TX
Hunt In: Bastrop/Atascosa/Kimble
Default

Well that escalated quickly...
44mAG is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:39 PM   #128
flinger
Ten Point
 
flinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bertram
Default

That does suck.
flinger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:44 PM   #129
icetrauma
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pasadena
Hunt In: Dreams
Default

Wow, I can't believe someone from this site would turn him in for a small error on a predator. Yes, law is law but sheesk. If it was someone from this site. That's pure speculation. OP could of posted it on Facebook and it made the rounds.
icetrauma is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:50 PM   #130
TildenHunter
Pope & Young
 
TildenHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Tilden & Utopia
Default

I hope whoever ratted him out steps up. Internet Jr. Game Wardens are the worst. Get a life.
TildenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:50 PM   #131
Guerrero88
Eight Point
 
Guerrero88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Shady Shores
Hunt In: Hall County
Default

That sucks
Guerrero88 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:53 PM   #132
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor
 
Antlers86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Athens
Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson
Default

Oh snap! Seized his bow. Man just write a ticket and lesson learned.
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:53 PM   #133
ACCURACYINC
Ten Point
 
ACCURACYINC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Mcmullen County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TildenHunter View Post
I hope whoever ratted him out steps up. Internet Jr. Game Wardens are the worst. Get a life.
No doubt. What a DB if that's the case. Sorry for your bad luck.
ACCURACYINC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:54 PM   #134
icetrauma
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pasadena
Hunt In: Dreams
Default

I'm cruising that post on FB now and they don't much care for out is state hunters.
icetrauma is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:55 PM   #135
AgHntr10
Pope & Young
 
AgHntr10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: Where the thieves and poachers roam
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYBourbon View Post
Maybe I’m reading the regs wrong but KS DNR website says bobcats can’t be killed until November. Correct me if I’m wrong.

http://ksoutdoors.com/Hunting/When-to-Hunt


Snitches get stiches!

Last edited by AgHntr10; 10-10-2017 at 04:59 PM..
AgHntr10 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:56 PM   #136
bollomb
Eight Point
 
bollomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Spring Tx
Hunt In: Trinity
Default

kybourbon ... In the last page he was the one who called him out for it.. Some ppl
bollomb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:58 PM   #137
icetrauma
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pasadena
Hunt In: Dreams
Default

According to Google it's 11/18-2/15. I never knew predators had seasons.
icetrauma is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 05:00 PM   #138
ACCURACYINC
Ten Point
 
ACCURACYINC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Mcmullen County
Default

Checking another state's hunting laws is always the first thing that comes to my mind when I see a picture posted of an animal killed outside of Texas.
ACCURACYINC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 05:04 PM   #139
Addicted2bh
Ten Point
 
Addicted2bh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Fort Worth Texas
Hunt In: Everywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icetrauma View Post
I'm cruising that post on FB now and they don't much care for out is state hunters.
Same here, they’re saying he is a poacher... almost every other comment. Crazy how fast people assume things.
Addicted2bh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 05:05 PM   #140
44mAG
Eight Point
 
44mAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Buda, TX
Hunt In: Bastrop/Atascosa/Kimble
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icetrauma View Post
According to Google it's 11/18-2/15. I never knew predators had seasons.
So they don't let you kill predators until Late November when fawns are old enough to better fend them off. Makes total sense... I guess they just care about the fur.
44mAG is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 05:07 PM   #141
icetrauma
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pasadena
Hunt In: Dreams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44mAG View Post
So they don't let you kill predators until Late November when fawns are old enough to better fend them off. Makes total sense... I guess they just care about the fur.
Yep, makes no sense. You should ready the lunacy on the FB post. They are going rabid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2bh View Post
Same here, they’re saying he is a poacher... almost every other comment. Crazy how fast people assume things.
They are acting like OP'S soul purpose was to drive idk, 12 hrs, and poach a cat. Mob mentality.
icetrauma is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 05:10 PM   #142
JeffK
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default

From this thread - vehicle description - check, smokey hill river - check, exact photo - check. A lot of hassle over a bobcat. Someone needs a life.
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 05:11 PM   #143
ACCURACYINC
Ten Point
 
ACCURACYINC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Mcmullen County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icetrauma View Post
I'm cruising that post on FB now and they don't much care for out is state hunters.
I bet they love the money those out of state hunters put into their economy though. Hunting is the only reason not to just drive right through that craphole.
ACCURACYINC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 05:12 PM   #144
ACCURACYINC
Ten Point
 
ACCURACYINC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Mcmullen County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK View Post
From this thread - vehicle description - check, smokey hill river - check, exact photo - check. A lot of hassle over a bobcat. Someone needs a life.
Meow, Jeff. Very much meow.
ACCURACYINC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 05:15 PM   #145
icetrauma
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pasadena
Hunt In: Dreams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
I bet they love the money those out of state hunters put into their economy though. Hunting is the only reason not to just drive right through that craphole.

The state does, the locals are whining about the increase in cost of hunting due to out of staters.
icetrauma is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 05:16 PM   #146
ACCURACYINC
Ten Point
 
ACCURACYINC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Mcmullen County
Default

OP is also from Deer Park. An area just outside of Houston that experienced a lot of devastation during Harvey. This man was probably getting away to relax and enjoy himself for a few days. Hope you're proud of yourself, snitch boy.
ACCURACYINC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 05:19 PM   #147
icetrauma
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pasadena
Hunt In: Dreams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
OP is also from Deer Park. An area just outside of Houston that experienced a lot of devastation during Harvey. This man was probably getting away to relax and enjoy himself for a few days. Hope you're proud of yourself, snitch boy.
A lot of trouble to go through for a bobcat. A big game critter, understandably so. Someone has a high and mighty complex.
icetrauma is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 05:21 PM   #148
CEO
Ten Point
 
CEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Default

I'm not a facebook user but got on there to read some of the comments. I now remember why I'm not a facebook user.
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 05:23 PM   #149
AgHntr10
Pope & Young
 
AgHntr10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: Where the thieves and poachers roam
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icetrauma View Post
The state does, the locals are whining about the increase in cost of hunting due to out of staters.
A whopping $27.50...it cost that much to fill up my commuter car!

Lifetime Senior Resident Hunt/Fish Combination: $42.50
• Senior Resident Hunt: $15.00
• Senior Resident Combination Hunt/Fish: $25.00
• Resident Hunt: $27.50
• Residents under 16: No license required
• Resident Combination Hunt & Fish: $47.50
• Resident Combination Hunt & Fish - Early Purchase: 42.50 (Must be purchased prior to February 1st.)
• Resident Apprentice (two-time purchase Hunter Education deferral): $27.50
• 5 Year Resident Combo Hunt & Fish: $182.50
• 5 Year Resident Hunt License: $102.50
• Multi-Year Resident Youth Hunt (ages 16-20): $42.50
• Multi-Year Resident Youth Combination Hunt & Fish (ages 16-20): $72.50 A youth hunting and/or fishing license is available for residents age 16-20. The one-time purchase, multi-year youth hunting OR fishing license is $42.50, multi-year hunting/fishing combination license is $72.50. This multi-year license expires on Dec. 31 of the year the person turns 21.
• Nonresident: $97.50 (Download Application if only applying by mail)
• Nonresident under 16: $42.50
• Nonresident Apprentice (two-time purchase Hunter Education deferral): $97.50
• Nonresident Combination Hunt & Fish: $137.50
• National Guard Permit: Free hunting, fishing, and Park Vehicle Permits are made available and issued based on funding to active members of the Kansas National Guard. DO NOT FAX!
• Download 2017 National Guard Hunting, Fishing, and Park Vehicle Permit Application (PDF)
• KS Disabled Veterans: Free hunting and fishing licenses are made available and issued based on funding. Applicant must provide a copy of current disabled veterans entitlement papers showing proof of at least 30% disability. DO NOT FAX!
• Download 2017 Disabled Veterans Hunting and Fishing License Application (PDF)
AgHntr10 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 05:27 PM   #150
icetrauma
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pasadena
Hunt In: Dreams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgHntr10 View Post
A whopping $27.50...it cost that much to fill up my commuter car!

Lifetime Senior Resident Hunt/Fish Combination: $42.50
• Senior Resident Hunt: $15.00
• Senior Resident Combination Hunt/Fish: $25.00
• Resident Hunt: $27.50
• Residents under 16: No license required
• Resident Combination Hunt & Fish: $47.50
• Resident Combination Hunt & Fish - Early Purchase: 42.50 (Must be purchased prior to February 1st.)
• Resident Apprentice (two-time purchase Hunter Education deferral): $27.50
• 5 Year Resident Combo Hunt & Fish: $182.50
• 5 Year Resident Hunt License: $102.50
• Multi-Year Resident Youth Hunt (ages 16-20): $42.50
• Multi-Year Resident Youth Combination Hunt & Fish (ages 16-20): $72.50 A youth hunting and/or fishing license is available for residents age 16-20. The one-time purchase, multi-year youth hunting OR fishing license is $42.50, multi-year hunting/fishing combination license is $72.50. This multi-year license expires on Dec. 31 of the year the person turns 21.
• Nonresident: $97.50 (Download Application if only applying by mail)
• Nonresident under 16: $42.50
• Nonresident Apprentice (two-time purchase Hunter Education deferral): $97.50
• Nonresident Combination Hunt & Fish: $137.50
• National Guard Permit: Free hunting, fishing, and Park Vehicle Permits are made available and issued based on funding to active members of the Kansas National Guard. DO NOT FAX!
• Download 2017 National Guard Hunting, Fishing, and Park Vehicle Permit Application (PDF)
• KS Disabled Veterans: Free hunting and fishing licenses are made available and issued based on funding. Applicant must provide a copy of current disabled veterans entitlement papers showing proof of at least 30% disability. DO NOT FAX!
• Download 2017 Disabled Veterans Hunting and Fishing License Application (PDF)
I think, from the post, that it has to do with people losing their free hunting land to people willing to pay. I agree, that's cheep.
icetrauma is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com