Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone seen a Caracara in north Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone seen a Caracara in north Texas?

Just saw one eating on a dead cow in Wise County. Sorry flew off before pic.

I've see all the time in Mills county. And I've seen them in Midlothian.

About 15 years ago, I started seeing them near my home in Tomball. I thought I'd encountered a new species. Lol. I've been seeing them ever since.

Comment

That's my first in 28 years.

Comment

Yup, had one eating a hog I shot on the last day of deer season in Hunt county just north of Greenville.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
          That's my first in 28 years.
          Then you probably thought what I did the first time I saw one.

Comment

we lived on lake whitney about 20 years ago and saw one pretty often.

Comment

Positive ID in Ellis County (Waxahachie).

Comment

I haven't up here. I'm out 1655 north of Alvord. Wouldn't surprise me. Heck, I remember before we had grackles. Seems like a lot of stuff has moved up from Mexico in my lifetime. People included.

Comment

I've seen them as far east as Sabine Pass. They remind me of south Texas so I like them.

Comment

I see them in Hunt County around Royse City several times a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                      I haven't up here. I'm out 1655 north of Alvord. Wouldn't surprise me. Heck, I remember before we had grackles. Seems like a lot of stuff has moved up from Mexico in my lifetime. People included.
                      This was between Decatur and Bridgeport north of 380.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        This was between Decatur and Bridgeport north of 380.
                        Yeah, I cut through 1655 to 380 all the time when I go to Bridgeport. I'll certainly pay more attention. Like I said, wouldn't surprise me at all.

I used to live in Wimberley in the mid/late 80's and never saw a Caracara at all. Was down in the hill country 8-10 years ago when I noticed they were everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                          we lived on lake whitney about 20 years ago and saw one pretty often.
                          I used to fish Whitney a lot about 20 years ago. We saw them all the time along the road between Whitney and Meridian. I also saw one around Lingleville about 10 years ago eating a dead hog.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                            I used to fish Whitney a lot about 20 years ago. We saw them all the time along the road between Whitney and Meridian. I also saw one around Lingleville about 10 years ago eating a dead hog.
                            same area I would see them. toward valley mills as well

Comment

Seen one in southern oklahoma.

Comment

Working...
                              X