Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    Now that is legit. Our group record in one night is 19..we got 17 before also. That's a load of pigs
    We can pretty regularly kill 15-20. He went last night and shot 16 but wounded another 4.

Our to date record is 33 in a night I believe..This year it's 20 so far. Hasn't got to the good part of the year yet though!

Comment

ATN X Sight is a POS...save your money.

2 buddies have one...I wouldn't use one for free
      I'm curious what you don't like about them. I've talked to hundreds of people that like them especially at the price point. Upgrading the IR though is a must. Here is a video a customer sent me that he took with his ATN X-Sight HD II 5X20 with our 66LRX IR light. The pigs were 180-220 yards away and my customer told me he could see close to 700 yards with it and I have had many customers tell me they could see 600 yards with it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUVkaVJqLcU"]Hunting hogs at night with IR and the ATN X-Sight - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Cool

Comment

Great shooting Keaton! Love the story and pics, y'all put a hurting on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
            Great shooting Keaton! Love the story and pics, y'all put a hurting on them.
            Thank you! Shooting was a bit rough at first..been a month or two since I've used my blackout and had gotten used to my AR308! We're fortunate to have as many targets as we do thats for sure!

Comment

Went last night for a quick run through some recently harvested fields and took out 3 more hogs.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Awesome, great looking setup and nice hog! What mount and tripod are you using?

I've got an off brand pro tripod, like a Manfrotto, but it's HEAVY! I compared the weight to the popular Manfrottos and it's nearly identical. No way I could tote that thing around, I do too much walking and stalking. I'm considering something lighter.

I also can't decide whether to get a pig saddle or a Reaper grip. Looks like you are using something else?

Comment

I've got an off brand pro tripod, like a Manfrotto, but it's HEAVY! I compared the weight to the popular Manfrottos and it's nearly identical. No way I could tote that thing around, I do too much walking and stalking. I'm considering something lighter.

I also can't decide whether to get a pig saddle or a Reaper grip. Looks like you are using something else?
                    Lol that's actually my Primos trigger sticks tripod. To me its the best choice for maneuverability and stability. It's light enough to carry and quickly set up and still stable to shoot from. Not as stable as a reaper though. My SBR blackout is just very well balanced so its able to balance on it like that for a photo

I'm thinking of ordering the reaper grip and the tripod they sell. Might even just get the head part and put it on the trigger sticks.

Comment

There is also this option

Comment

Well I ordered a reaper grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The REAPER rest is too expensive for me...and I walk a good bit and it is too bulky and heavy for me.

Primos bipod is what I like. My 2 good buddies in the group have a reaper rest and love them

Comment

The REAPER rest is too expensive for me...and I walk a good bit and it is too bulky and heavy for me.

Primos bipod is what I like. My 2 good buddies in the group have a reaper rest and love them
                            Yeah I've got the primos monopod, bipod, and tripod. I like the tripod the best but wanted something more stable so I got the reaper. I'll mainly use it for long range shooting and predator hunting but occasionally hog hunting if it doesn't turn out being too much of a hassle to carry. Thats why I still have the tripod trigger sticks though. If I feel like it's going to be a bit of a walk I'll take them.

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I'm really not sure what to get but there is no way I can lug around a big heavy tripod like my off brand Manfrotto. Tonight is a good example. I spotted a hog off my back porch down in the pasture at about 350+ yards near the creek. I grabbed my rifle and a monopod and took off through the 3 ft tall wet grass fighting it the whole way. I couldn't walk straight down to him so I ended up walking a good 450+ yards to get down there. 0% chance I could have lugged a huge tripod and I stopped 5-6 times to see if I could get a shot at him off the monopod but I couldn't because of the grass, but that is a whole other story for another time.lol

I guess I'm definitely going to have to do some more research and see what the best lightweight option will be for me. I do admit, it would be nice to have a grip sturdy enough that it would hold my rifle if I did decide to mount it on my big pro tripod.

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I'm really not sure what to get but there is no way I can lug around a big heavy tripod like my off brand Manfrotto. Tonight is a good example. I spotted a hog off my back porch down in the pasture at about 350+ yards near the creek. I grabbed my rifle and a monopod and took off through the 3 ft tall wet grass fighting it the whole way. I couldn't walk straight down to him so I ended up walking a good 450+ yards to get down there. 0% chance I could have lugged a huge tripod and I stopped 5-6 times to see if I could get a shot at him off the monopod but I couldn't because of the grass, but that is a whole other story for another time.lol

I guess I'm definitely going to have to do some more research and see what the best lightweight option will be for me. I do admit, it would be nice to have a grip sturdy enough that it would hold my rifle if I did decide to mount it on my big pro tripod.
                                Yes exactly my thoughts. Why I love my primos bipod. Got it on sale for $65.

No way I am spending $350-400 for the REAPER setup and carrying a super heavy setup when we stalk up close to them like you

Comment

Working...
                                X