No announcement yet.

Glen Rose dinosaur stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took the kids on this trip last spring break and had a blast. We stayed at the holiday inn express. Can't vouch for any other hotels but ours was nice. Dino tracks in the river are pretty cool to see. The river was still pretty cold at that time. Had a burger at the green pickle, was pretty good but very crowded. . Fossil rim is also a cool tour, I would just make sure and get there early. It was a mess when we went mid-day.

Comment

We went there and to fossil rim in one day. The kids really enjoyed it.

Comment

I’d like to add something to the list. Go get you an old school ice cream float or banana split from Shoo Fly Soda Shop. It’s on the square and is the real deal. Reminds me of the ice cream shop from Back to the future.

Comment

Big rocks park

Comment

Good place to train for your rockies hunting adventure. Some of the best trails in the metromess. Fair elevation and uneven surfaces. The tracks are in the river and around it. They actually haven't scratched the surface on the number of tracks in that area. The area surrounding the river is loaded with them. Some have been excavated, most not. Good paved flat trail following the river if so inclined. Getting close to spring, you'll hear the resident gobblers if you get there early.

The entrance has a diorama. Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by popeandyoung151 View Post
              I’d like to add something to the list. Go get you an old school ice cream float or banana split from Shoo Fly Soda Shop. It’s on the square and is the real deal. Reminds me of the ice cream shop from Back to the future.
              was about to post the same thing, love that place

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wildlife park is amazing the kids loved it.

Comment

The state park has a extensive Hiking and Mountain biking trails also to spend some time on. Was out there a few months ago and was speaking to 2 of the rangers, they were saying that with last years big rains that quite a few new tracks had been found in the riverbed.

Comment

Wheeler branch park is there too. Might be too cold for swimming but great place to kayak fish. I'm not sure if they still do tours out at the nuclear plant.

Comment

Working...
                      X