Score please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Score please.

Just curious what y’all think of this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Geez he's tall

Comment

Another picture

Comment

Mid 140s, ballpark.

Comment

Comment

Good deer.

Comment

Real question is will he likely grow or is he at his max. He looks post mature to me but then again these are cell pics taken by my sister while she was on doe patrol.

Comment

That’s a good looking buck hard to tell the age of him off of those pictures. But I would say he is 5.5 and around 140

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I see close to 150 on those pics and 5+

Mass 30
                  Spread 17
                  MB 21-21
                  G1 3-3
                  G2 12-10
                  G3 7-9
                  G4 5

148”

Comment

stick `em

Comment

Originally posted by breadman View Post
                      stick `em

Lol well, I’m only sticking him if he looks like this is his last year at his size. I could experiment and let him walk. I already got a 150 on the wall so if he might get bigger ima let him keep growing. I’m just on the fence.

For perspective this is low fence, free range, no protein in Kerr county.

Comment

A deer can be his biggest at 4.5 or 9.5 that whole “going downhill” is generally a BS excuse for some people to pull the trigger. If you’re not worried it’s always nice to see what they can do

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                            A deer can be his biggest at 4.5 or 9.5 that whole “going downhill” is generally a BS excuse for some people to pull the trigger. If you’re not worried it’s always nice to see what they can do
                            You are absolutely correct on age. I have seen deer go down hill from 6 thru 8 and bounce back srtong atv9 and 10. Now for the deer here. Low fence high pressure
                            Means kill that deer if you can. If you can't well lets see how he looks next year.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                              You are absolutely correct on age. I have seen deer go down hill from 6 thru 8 and bounce back srtong atv9 and 10. Now for the deer here. Low fence high pressure
                              Means kill that deer if you can. If you can't well lets see how he looks next year.
                              Low fence but I don't usually play the game of "kill him before someone else does". I leave that in Gods hands and so far, mostly that seems to work. The places that border me don't really hunt. There are a coupe of nearby hunters and if they get a crack at him then good for them. Deer will continue to populate and I have taken plenty of trophies so I am interested in letting them get as big as possible. I shot a buck once out of peer pressure "shoot him before a poacher does" and I regret it every time I look at him. He would have been an absolute stud had I let him walk. This buck looks mature to me the question is HOW mature?? I say 5 also so I suppose I will let him go another year.

Comment

Working...
                              X