Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

history shows us that entire civilizations sought greater knowledge as their god rather than the Giver of Knowledge and we can read how that impacted them. It's simply my hope that Mr. Hawking was able to come to a place before his passing to accept Christ as Lord and Savior. That's my hope for all who leave this earth. While he contributed some, he was yet a man and his loved ones will miss him.

Comment

Originally posted by mobydink View Post
      I certainly hope that Stephen Hawking did know Jesus before he took his last breath. All I can do is hurt and be saddened for someone that dies, when it appears to be no evidence of salvation, but I really don't know anyways. I have an evangelistic heart and am not afraid to share the gospel. I am not concerned with offending someone, or hurting someone's self esteem, for the gospel is an offensive message to the natural man.
      great post. there are different parts to the body of Christ. some will just put the truth out there and hope that it can stand on its own. others like to make the message more about themselves and dress it up with perfume and lace.

i just know as an intestine, i dont need to try and double as an eyebrow.

the whole world is going to hate the coming two witnesses. why? these two will be labeled as the biggest hate speech mongers ever. their words will be offensive, big time. if they came today, would i love or hate their message? as a sinner clingging to grace, im sure id get skint up a bit but baby, im ready to hear it.

nothing is more offensive than that old cross.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        The MSM celebrated him because he was a devout atheist and nothing more... No need to read anything into it.. It is what it is.. It's all biblical.. A sign of times. He won't be the last atheist that is put up on a pedestal either.. It's what they do.
        Had he been a Christian chances are we would have never even heard of him..
        this could be true, how many have heard of Hugh Ross or Nobel prize winning Nano Technology winners such as Jim Tour here in Houston - very strong Christ followers and open to sharing their beliefs and why.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
          this could be true, how many have heard of Hugh Ross or Nobel prize winning Nano Technology winners such as Jim Tour here in Houston - very strong Christ followers and open to sharing their beliefs and why.
          Exhibit A^^^^^^!!!
          The MSM is all about spewing a liberal, anti-Christian narrative....They are masters at sewing chaos and discontent... In their mind this guy was their "clean up batter". Their 4 holer.. He spoke, people listened and believed his nonsense.. It's craziness at it finest..

Comment

history shows us that entire civilizations sought greater knowledge as their god rather than the Giver of Knowledge and we can read how that impacted them. It's simply my hope that Mr. Hawking was able to come to a place before his passing to accept Christ as Lord and Savior. That's my hope for all who leave this earth. While he contributed some, he was yet a man and his loved ones will miss him.
            Mine too, Even though he did considerable damage with his words.. Of course he never forced anyone to believe them.. There goes those "choices" again..

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
              If I was intellectually curious and wanted to gain an understanding of Hawking’s discoveries, accomplishments and their significance, I know where I’d start looking, and it wouldn’t be on a hunting forum.
              So can you name something he did?

BTW - I'm not bashing the guy. I really want to know what he did that's meaningful. I asked my wife and she was like most people and assumed he did some big things. I asked her to google him and tell me. After a while she gave up and said I guess he did nothing LOL.

And since all of his supporters can't name anything I'm leaning that way as well.

My post has zero to do with God. This doesn't need to be a debate about God in any way.

Comment

I love Hugh Ross! he is brilliant. I try to visit the Reasons to Believe website as often as possible. I love how they show that science and scripture can actually be harmonious rather than at odds with each other. Lots of great info on their website. Sadly Mr. Hawking openly and arrogantly mocked Christianity. Its funny that people who don't believe in God were willing to worship Mr. Hawking. It proves that mankind will worship something it is how we were created. I hope and pray The God of the Bible is the object of that worship. He is worthy. Have a great weekend y'all and be a blessing to someone!

The Reasons to Believe website

Last edited by Head Hunter; 03-16-2018, 07:14 AM.

Comment

I don't pay much attention to this stuff. Lots on here say he was really smart and did a lot of smart things. Can anyone tell me what he did or discovered that us "common" folk would realize or experience? Did he invent something?

Comment

Jim Tour hasn’t won a nobel prize, but he is for sure among the best chemists alive. Unfortunately chemistry is like the bluegrass of science whereas theoretical physics is rock’n’roll: one gets a lot more press because it’s flashier.

Hugh Ross is relatively unkown academically because he spends more time on his ministry than doing astrophysics research. Good luck finding any contributions he’s made in his field.

And yeah, Hawking surviving his disease for so long and book writing ability account for much of his popularity, but people here want to pretend he made no contribution to his field because he was an atheist. A bit ridiculous.

Comment

I find it interesting that no one has answered the question of what he contributed.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                        Jim Tour hasn’t won a nobel prize, but he is for sure among the best chemists alive. Unfortunately chemistry is like the bluegrass of science whereas theoretical physics is rock’n’roll: one gets a lot more press because it’s flashier.

Hugh Ross is relatively unkown academically because he spends more time on his ministry than doing astrophysics research. Good luck finding any contributions he’s made in his field.

And yeah, Hawking surviving his disease for so long and book writing ability account for much of his popularity, but people here want to pretend he made no contribution to his field because he was an atheist. A bit ridiculous.
                        True, I was mistaken. While Dr. Tour is regarded a top scientist and won other high accolades, he ran close with Rick Smalley who had won a nobel prize (disclaimer though, I’m not sure the worth that recognition holds these days). I was confused, they were close friends. I personally am not saying he made no contributions but I do believe one of his main platforms was completely false as do many here. To each his own, hence choice and the consequences that follow.
                        Last edited by Leon County Slayer; 03-16-2018, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          So can you name something he did?

BTW - I'm not bashing the guy. I really want to know what he did that's meaningful. I asked my wife and she was like most people and assumed he did some big things. I asked her to google him and tell me. After a while she gave up and said I guess he did nothing LOL.

And since all of his supporters can't name anything I'm leaning that way as well.

My post has zero to do with God. This doesn't need to be a debate about God in any way.
                          Meaningful to you in your life right now? Probably nothing. Maxwell’s equations were basically useless in his lifetime, but they are the foundation for all of our electronics technology.

It probably doesn’t help that no one here is a theoretical physicist to understand or explain his research (nor am I). Consider this line and tell me it doesn't sound like latin:

“Hawking has proved the basic theorems on the laws governing black holes: that stationary solutions of Einstein's equations with smooth event horizons must necessarily be axisymmetric; and that in the evolution and interaction of black holes, the total surface area of the event horizons must increase.”.

Most people don’t have the mathematical background to understand Einstein’s research either. Just some basic stuff like time dilation and length contraction are pretty mind bending.

Edit: but probably his greatest contribution is his books. He dumbed down theoretical physics to make it more accessible to the average person.
                          Last edited by sir shovelhands; 03-16-2018, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                            I find it interesting that no one has answered the question of what he contributed.
                            He made some of the concepts of theoretical physics understandable to 10 million idiots like me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                              He made some of the concepts of theoretical physics understandable to 10 million idiots like me.
                              So.... he applied a giant crayon to algebra?

I think he had a purpose, and his applied purpose was not lead people away from religion or to prove it wrong, nor do i think he did either of those things.
                              He was a theoretical thinker who loved coming up with **** that others had to prove wrong.
                              He made people think whether to prove him right, prove him wrong, out of some deep seeded desire to defend their beliefs, whatever.. He sparked thought and innovation because of that thought followed.

That is is legacy.

I dont care what his religious beliefs were.

Comment

Any of "his" ideas or theories proven or are these just his thoughts or suggestions. With my simple way of life, if I can't put my hands on it, it doesn't mean much to me. But I can knap a pretty mean, deer killing arrowhead and I bet he couldn't, lol

Comment

Working...
                                X