Double down users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double down users

We made the switch this year and have been keeping the feed in front of the deer regularly since mid January. First month was so-so. Pasture really greened with the two storms we had and all of a sudden they are hammering the feed in the last month. Usually with the spring green they slow down tremendously but it seems opposite with double down.

Is this typical?

Thanks in advance.

Its similar to someone who doesn't care about their body and fast food restaurants. They make money by adding things to make it taste good which keep a human coming back

Just because you eat more, does not mean its better

Comment

They love the Dd I'm going through about 2000 pound a week on a 100 acres.

Comment

Originally posted by Perkins7581 View Post

Comment

Goodness. $$$$

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
            Its similar to someone who doesn't care about their body and fast food restaurants. They make money by adding things to make it taste good which keep a human coming back

Just because you eat more, does not mean its better

So all our deer are gonna get heart disease and high blood pressure?

I am seriously looking for information from guys that understand the consumption rates as I am trying to get an idea of what to expect since we have already gone through about 50 tons in a time when range conditions are good.

Not looking to get opinions on whether or not it is better than any other feed. I have a pretty good idea what is in it.

Don't want this thread to be like the others regarding the feed.

I appreciate u other guys sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
              Goodness. $$$$
              It gets alittle expensive but I've had a spike buck one day turn into a 170 three weeks later.

Comment

Originally posted by perkins7581 View Post
                they love the dd i'm going through about 2000 pound a week on a 100 acres.
                lol

Comment

Best post I've ever seen. Lol

Comment

You running a deer an acre?

Comment

I'll try and get this back on track. We have a smalll place at around 200 acres. We started feeding DD last year. We had been feeding another big name protein the last 5 years previously. Our consumption when up to double the amount and did see a slow down when range conditions are great. It is green with lots of good forage right now and they are hammering it too.
                      Seems from our first year the deer were extremely heathy and didn't get run down as much during rut.

Comment

Appreciate it.

Comment

Seems 2-3 times the amount of feed is what people report compared to other feeds

Comment

A word to the wise, if you feed DD "Do Not" switch to a different feed during the antler growing season. Stay with it until they are thru growing.
                            Last edited by TexasTK; 03-20-2017, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                              A word to the wise, if you feed DD "Do Not" I repeat "DO NOT" switch to a different feed during the antler growing season. Stay with it until they are thru growing.
                              Any reason

Comment

Working...
                              X