Any HS football officials out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any HS football officials out there

I have a question regarding a ruling. Could you PM if there are any officials on the green screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by bowhuntertx View Post
    I have a question regarding a ruling. Could you PM if there are any officials on the green screen?

I don't know about officials, but there's lots of coaches and we know the rules better anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by dhillis View Post
      I don't know about officials, but there's lots of coaches and we know the rules better anyway.

I think it falls under rule 9.8.3

This is for grade school players, but the rules are the same. Had a coach get excited and ran along the sideline during a long TD run. He was technically on the field of play. Run was up the middle so there wasn’t any interference with the play nor was there any contact with the official.
      We had the TD called back and assessed a 15 yd penalty. I had asked that it was a warning for non-contact and first infraction and was told other wise.

The league reviews film of every game. We were issued an apology and said it was an illegal participation penalty since he entered the field and should have been a dead ball foul assessed on extra point or kickoff.
      I thought it would have been covered by the penalty of covering coaches leaving the restricted area or coaches box.

I’m just curious at this point

Comment

Yes we do! Especially this new cut rule and how it is applied. We had two high lows called in a scrimmage and one of them was a kid just getting whooped and buried.

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
          Yes we do! Especially this new cut rule and how it is applied. We had two high lows called in a scrimmage and one of them was a kid just getting whooped and buried.
          I hate the new cut rule. I do understand why they did it, but it really hurts teams that run the old school offenses, Nasty Slot, Wing T, Etc.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertx View Post
            I think it falls under rule 9.8.3

This is for grade school players, but the rules are the same. Had a coach get excited and ran along the sideline during a long TD run. He was technically on the field of play. Run was up the middle so there wasn’t any interference with the play nor was there any contact with the official.
            We had the TD called back and assessed a 15 yd penalty. I had asked that it was a warning for non-contact and first infraction and was told other wise.

The league reviews film of every game. We were issued an apology and said it was an illegal participation penalty since he entered the field and should have been a dead ball foul assessed on extra point or kickoff.
            I thought it would have been covered by the penalty of covering coaches leaving the restricted area or coaches box.

I’m just curious at this point

Got me on this one. I would have to look it up. I would agree with you that I would expect a sideline warning, nothing more, Especially if he didn't interfere with the play.

Comment

I hate the new cut rule. I do understand why they did it, but it really hurts teams that run the old school offenses, Nasty Slot, Wing T, Etc.

This one is a tough one as well. Our HS coaches were in our youth coaches meeting before the season and they weren’t too happy about it either.

Comment

Well, I have done the exact same thing and not been flagged but I never enter the field. And have always received an initial warning if I did go out onto the field. Truly, a bad call

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

You and me both. One of our clothing reps is an official and he tried explaining it to us but even we could throw situations out and it would baffle them.

If it doesn’t interfere with the play, sideline warning

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
                    You and me both. One of our clothing reps is an official and he tried explaining it to us but even we could throw situations out and it would baffle them.

If it doesn’t interfere with the play, sideline warning
                    I'm an oline guy and basically from what I understand is that once the ball leaves the tackle box no offensive lineman can cut. Only someone lined up outside the tackle box can cut going towards their endzone,must cut the defender from the front, and not traveling back towards the center of the field.

Comment

Working...
                    X