2 fisherwomen are born...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 fisherwomen are born...

Went out to the lease this weekend mainly to just relax and get away from the city life most of us get mired in from time to time.
    Saturday, my 15 year old said "can we go fishing. Id brought along a few poles and a small tackle box in case someone wanted to fish
    I told him sure, grab a few cold waters and load stuff into the ranger and we'll head down to the pond. My 7 yr old daughter said she wanted to fish too so i loaded up a lightweight spinning reel for her and made sure i had some bobbers and perch hooks. I went and found a downed tree and scrounged up a few grub worms and off we went.
    I got abbey up and going with a perch set up and through a jitterbug on my reel just to see what was biting

Abbey got bored and wandered off with me and left my wife (who abhors everything fishing from eating it to catching it) with her fishing pole.

I cast out across the pond and as soon as my lure hits the water, i hear my wife say "hey babe, the bobber thing disappeared"
    I tell her she got a fish on so lift the rod tip to set the hook and reel it in.
    She does and when she feels the little guy fightin, she gets excited
    I lay my rod down because i knew she would never touch the fish to get it off the hook and release it.
    About 1/2 way to my wife, i tell abbey (7 yr old) to reel daddys line in.
    When i get to my wife, my little one starts screaming "DADDY, DADDY!!"
    I turn around and look at her struggling with about a 10"-12" bass that most assuredly decided he wanted to eat that jitterbug

They are both hooked and i spent the rest of the afternoon until dark unhooking fish, baiting hooks, untangling backlashes, changing lures.....
    It was a pure joy watching those two fall for fishing....hook line and sinker

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Heck yeah man that is awesome. You did good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s awesome!

Comment

Somethings just work out awesome...and totally by chance. Great work ladies!

Comment

Nice going ladies...…...

Comment

Perfect!!

Comment

Nice catch

Comment

Good deal.

Comment

Awesome!!

Comment

Greatness! Looks like the little one doesn't mind touching the fish! :-D

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Good times right there.

Comment

Awesome!!!!

Comment

hell yeah!

Comment

Working...
                          X