Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any recently crowned CFPs?

Hey GS -

Any of you out there recently crowned or tested CFPs? I'm eyeing up the exam but don't know much about the prep and I can't find many 'study guides' outside of Kaplan. Anyone have experience that would mind a brain-picking?

Thanks,
    LaS

It's been several years since I did it. You have to take and pass a few university level courses before you can sit for the CFP exam (exams, really). Once you pass all the required courses, then you can sit for the CFP exam. You don't need to start with a CFP exam review course. Save that until after you've completed all the other education requirements first.

Comment

I did all my course work through The American College self study program. It took a couple years. I think I used Kaplan for the exam prep course.

Comment

Thanks, Shane. I'm in line right now for my MBA, so I'm going to bump the required courses against what I am taking/have taken and see if I can marry up the two. Does the American College have the list of requirements, or maybe the CFP board site?

Comment

My roommate just got his CFP a few months ago. His username on here is BigValley if you want to shoot him a PM

Comment

I don't think an MBA will get you there. A PhD will. Maybe a you've taken a course or two that would count toward the education requirement though. ??

The two-part education requirement includes: (1) completion of CFP Board-approved coursework, and (2) a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.

Comment

Working...
            X