how to cook a little pig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to cook a little pig

Anyone got a great way to cook a little pig on the smoker/cooker? I stuck a smaller pig last night and have it on ice until Friday and hope to have a good way to cook it by then....btw this was my first bow hog

Thanks

I shot a small 15 lb. pig last year and cooked it whole on my weber pit. I simply injected it with cajun injectors creole garlic butter. Then I smeared a small amount of mustard on it(helps the seasoning to stick) and sprinkled it with garlic powder, red pepper, black pepper and salt. Very good and simple.

Comment

that sounds like a good way to cook it

Comment

just set it and forget it!

Comment

Some rub,a little smoke and about 4 hours.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BBQPIG.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	23873815

Comment

man, instinct my pig is not even that big. dosranchhand said a tmost a three week old pig...lol. I am going to do the injection thing and rub and put it on and begin the beer ingestion...

Comment

you can also rub it with sour cream to get the spices to stick. turns our really good and tends not to burn as easy as mustard.

Comment

Man i have been wanting to try this. I have a small pig in my deep freeze right now. So do i cut it in half or leave it whole and cook it?

Comment

Congratulations on the first hog. May there be many more.

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
                    you can also rub it with sour cream to get the spices to stick. turns our really good and tends not to burn as easy as mustard.
                    I'll have to try that

Comment

That pic looked pretty tasty

Comment

Rub whole pig in Mayo and add seasonings. The mayo with keep the pig so moist it will fall apart when trying to pick up. Go very slow.

Comment

cover it with garlic salt put it on the grill top rack on low . get a brush cover it with lawrys steak and chop. flip every 45 min and cook for three hours very tender and good

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
                            Sour cream? I need to try that, sounds good!

Comment

we took two small ones I shot skined, and left them whole except for the head. We covered them in Cajun spices, stuck a few onions in the cavity. Wrapped them in tin foil. A smoker would have been ideal but did not have one so we built a fire on one end of the pit and put the pigs on the other end for about 5 to 6 hours. You would grab a bone and the meat fell off. It was some of the best tasting meat you could imagine.

Comment

Working...
                              X