October Photo Contest #122 - Autumn - Entry Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October Photo Contest #122 - Autumn - Entry Thread

Submit your photos in this thread. Entries must be in by midnight on Halloween.

Thought this would be helpful to those that are not familiar.

Reference contest rules thread

1. We will have 1 thread, located in the Photography Forum for photo submissions.

2. Entries are restricted to 1 per participant. If you post more than 1 on the thread you are automatically disqualified for that month's competition.

3. I'll start it off by picking a theme for the remainder of this month. Pictures must be submitted by midnight the last day of the month.

4. By the 5th day of the following month a winner will be chosen by the previous month's winner.

5. The person whose picture is chosen will then select a topic for the following month's assignment.

6. The person in charge of one month will then select a winner for that month. The winner from that month will then select a topic for the following month. We will repeat this rotation from month to month, but the winner of one month will not be eligible to be the judge the following month. In other words, you can't select your own photo.

7. Critiques on ways to use lighting, shutter speed, composition and other factors to improve photo quality are accepted and encouraged. Hopefully participants will be open to constructive criticism and suggestions.

8. If someone wants to use photoshop it is allowed, to the point the original subject and content has not been altered beyond reality.

9. Lobbying for one's own photo is not necessary. Just post the pic and perhaps the EXIF information.

10. Try to keep topics as outdoor-related as possible. Creative interpretation of topics is encouraged.

Comment

Montana
      Attached Files

Comment

From my trip earlier this month with my son.
        Attached Files

Comment

[ATTACH]752459[/ATTACH]

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Winner chosen

This is totally subjective but since I get to choose this month, the winner is...

The picture is a little too grainy for my taste but it fully captures the spirit of the season. You've got the sunset, clouds, a nice buck. Feels like Fall. Awesome!

I also have to give a hand to billinkb. What a majestic photo. Great fall foliage, reflections, and wonderful composition. Is that the Tetons? Growing up in Texas though, the other photo just represented autumn to me a tiny bit more but again, all this is just subjective.

Thanks to all who submitted.

Comment

Congrats Patton!

Comment

Thank you thank you! All pictures were really good, didn't think I would win.

It was close to dark outside when the picture was taken and in order to see any good color it had to become a bit grainy.

I will post up the new intro thread tomorrow, I already have a topic in mind.

Comment

Congrats to The General. I love the layout of this picture as well.

Yes, daphysicist, that is The Grand Tetons. This was my first trip there and now plan on going again. If you've never been you need to plan on it. The fall is an excellent time to go.

I just happen to be in the right place at the right time for this picture.

Comment

Working...
                        X