Fishing holes in/around Kerrville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading to Kerrville for the weekend and my 9 yr old fishing maniac is dead set on catching a Guadelupe Bass. Any holes in the area that would afford him a good chance of that from the bank?

Ttt

Comment

There are several bridges that provide access to the Guadalupe in and around Kerville, but, once you get outside of town, local ranchers get pretty western about the definition of "navigable stream." Try Kerville-Schreiner Park. I've seen folks fishing there before, and they rent kayaks (or they did the last time I was there, which was the 4th of July weekend). I saw folks fishing there.

Comment

PM sent...

Comment

TTT... bringing this back up. Heading over to Kerrville to stay in a VRBO house for the weekend with family. My son has a goal to catch fish on every trip we ever take, so any other pointers? Bank fishing only... probably can't fit the kayak on this trip.

Comment

We used to pull right off the hwy outside of town and fish under the bridge...

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
              There are several bridges that provide access to the Guadalupe in and around Kerville, but, once you get outside of town, local ranchers get pretty western about the definition of "navigable stream." Try Kerville-Schreiner Park. I've seen folks fishing there before, and they rent kayaks (or they did the last time I was there, which was the 4th of July weekend). I saw folks fishing there.
              ^^^This^^^

Additionally, there is a city park along the opposite side of the river from the park mentioned above... Lots of open fishable bank when I was up their a year ago. Best of luck to you folks.

Comment

Go to the shonto ranch!!!

We were there Monday. It was a little slow but bass were 2 to 4 1/4lbs and catfish were a guessed 6-8lbs.

Comment

Louise Hays Park

Comment

UGRA should be able to do pretty good there

Comment

River is kinda low right now, but hit any of the crossings up from Ingram on 1340 and 39. Plenty of fish...

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully something is biting besides the chiggers.

Comment

Water with current is main key to find Guads

Comment

I will be there for a conference this weekend. Usually book all kinds of extracurricular activities but just going to chill at the YO hotel pool this weekend.

Your post ALMOST had me throw in a pole and tackle box...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X