How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ken View Post
    Went fly fishing for baby tarpon in Campeche, Mexico last week. Fun fish on fly rod.

Nice! Who do you fish with and how did you like Campeche? That's on my do list this year.

Comment

Just landed in Missoula about 2 hours ago. Hopefully in for a full week of Browns!

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
        Nice! Who do you fish with and how did you like Campeche? That's on my do list this year.
        Tarpontown. Raul the owner is great. I fished with Juan as a guide and he was really knowledgeable and spoke good English.

Campeche is unlike anywhere I have been in Mexico. It is clean, no beggars, aggressive street vendors or stray dogs. The locals jog and bike on the jogging and bike trail that runs along the waterfront. The town even has Zumba classes on a square along the waterfront at 6pm daily.

The architecture in the old walled part of the city looks like Europe.

The fishing areas are only a few miles from town. 80 miles of mangroves with almost nothing manmade in sight. I highly recommend this trip.

Comment

Tarpontown. Raul the owner is great. I fished with Juan as a guide and he was really knowledgeable and spoke good English.

Campeche is unlike anywhere I have been in Mexico. It is clean, no beggars, aggressive street vendors or stray dogs. The locals jog and bike on the jogging and bike trail that runs along the waterfront. The town even has Zumba classes on a square along the waterfront at 6pm daily.

The architecture in the old walled part of the city looks like Europe.

The fishing areas are only a few miles from town. 80 miles of mangroves with almost nothing manmade in sight. I highly recommend this trip.

Nice! Sounds like everything I've heard about how great it is is true. I'll definitely be doing this soon.

Comment

Waiting to board the plane back to Houston. Great week! Back to the real world unfortunately

Comment

Amazing pictures you're making me jealous

Comment

Originally posted by ajcarricktx View Post
                Amazing pictures you're making me jealous
                I just looked at some again and am making myself jealous!

Already planning my return trip

Comment

Originally posted by WBT View Post
                  Absolutely. I grew up fly-fishing spring creeks and tailwaters in Missouri.
                  Me too--SE Missouri. Haven't been lately since Saturday PM. Fished around a friend's tank one time, 12 bass, 4 of them 3-4 lbs.

Comment

When we were fly fishing in Campeche, on the first day my father caught the first tarpon of the trip on a fly. The fish had a tag in it. It was tag #0001, the first tag of 800 tarpon tagged 3 1/2 years ago and only the second one re-captured. Here is a link to the article in the Bonefish and Tarpon trust March newsletter.

Comment

When we were fly fishing in Campeche, on the first day my father caught the first tarpon of the trip on a fly. The fish had a tag in it. It was tag #0001, the first tag of 800 tarpon tagged 3 1/2 years ago and only the second one re-captured. Here is a link to the article in the Bonefish and Tarpon trust March newsletter.

http://blog.bonefishtarpontrust.org/?p=3707
                      That's pretty cool!

Comment

Where do ya'll buy your flies at? I usually just go to Cabelas... wondering if any of you guys tie your own. If so, PM me. My father's retiring next month and I'm looking to buy a bunch to get him into fly fishing.

Comment

Let me know what kind of fishing he will be doing and I will tie you a bunch of flies

Comment

Down in the Everglades all last week. Weather/wind was horrible. This is probably my favorite picture from the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been fly-fishing for almost 20 years. Love it!

Bonefish in Belize...
                              [IMG]
                              [/IMG]

Colorado rainbow...
                              [IMG][/IMG]

Grand Cayman Bonefish...
                              [IMG][/IMG]
                              Last edited by Randy M; 04-25-2016, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Went for the first time in a neighborhood pond and a borrowed fly rod, needless to say I'm looking at fly rods to buy now. I never thought it would be so much fun

My first fly rod fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X